Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Blade Runner 2049 Review

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Even on the regular screen the breadth and scope are tremendous. The ambiance is oppressive.

Quote Originally Posted by rero360 View Post
    I'm currently MOBing to go to Qatar, I'm told there is a movie theater on the base, hopefully this will be showing when we get there, I wanted to see it in IMAX but regular screen will do

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Absolutely fantastic. Stunning visuals. Score is amazing.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Box office is well, well below expectations.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    Box office is well, well below expectations.
    Most Americans are retards who want Spiderman. They dont deserve Blade Runner and can start a queue to kiss my ass.

This movie genuinely made me verklempt at times. Not just from the story but how far we've come. Blade Runner was made in '82 and STILL looks better than most bullshit today.

In 30 years BR2049 will STILL hold up all the same.

Feedback Score
    I saw it last night and it was an excellent movie. Large theatre about 3/4 full with audience for a 6PM movie showing. I thought that it was a great tribute to the original movie. Ryan Gosling did a fantastic job as the Blade Runner and his nemisis was well cast as well. She reminded me of a Japanese Geisha/ warrior. The film conclusion really sets-up rhe strong likelyhood of a sequel. It was a long movie, but passes quickly. That said, a little more back story on some of the characters and the 'Blackout' would have been good.

I will definitely be watching it again in IMAX. Highly recommend the movie if you were a fan of the original.

P.S. Another great movie that Ryan Gosling starred in was "Drive" 2011. Excellent movie and well cast if you missed it.

Feedback Score
    I just tried to watch the anime on youtube and couldn't make it past 'type 8 replicants were created with natural lifespan. Soon, the human supremacy movements began...'

Blech. More social justice warrior bullshit.

I hope the movie doesn't pull the same shit. I grew up with a leftist family and can smell leftist think a mile away. I can't stand two seconds of it.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Negative.

The SJWs have their tiddies in a kerfuffle over the sexist/misogynist microagressions their simple minds have inferred from the film.

Quote Originally Posted by Aries144 View Post
    I just tried to watch the anime on youtube and couldn't make it past 'type 8 replicants were created with natural lifespan. Soon, the human supremacy movements began...'

Blech. More social justice warrior bullshit.

I hope the movie doesn't pull the same shit. I grew up with a leftist family and can smell leftist think a mile away. I can't stand two seconds of it.

Feedback Score
    I thought it was just ok. It took a while to get up to speed. Excellent visuals, great ties to the original. I thought that officer K was the “child”until he met with the woman whom was the memory maker. I wish we could have seen what memory she was looking at of officer Ks. Long movie already, so much more could have been covered. Was Deckard part of a sub society group? He told K about a plan, part of that plan was deckard left before he met his daughter. K was a replicant, hunting replicants.....was deckard a replicant? Great movie.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Saw it last night in 3D.
    Firefly, everything you've said is spot on. I went in blind and HO-LEE-COW was it worth it. This movie really nailed everything in place as a follow up to the original. I was very skeptical that any attempt at a sequel would ever live up to the original, but this was pretty much executed with perfection. So deep, so many levels of topics to explore....but no spoilers.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by duece71 View Post
    I thought it was just ok. It took a while to get up to speed. Excellent visuals, great ties to the original. I thought that officer K was the “child”until he met with the woman whom was the memory maker. I wish we could have seen what memory she was looking at of officer Ks. Long movie already, so much more could have been covered. Was Deckard part of a sub society group? He told K about a plan, part of that plan was deckard left before he met his daughter. K was a replicant, hunting replicants.....was deckard a replicant? Great movie.
    I thought it was kind of obvious in this one that Deckard was a replicant. What made you think he wasn't (curious to know)? The original leaves it ambiguous - though I thought it was cool that Olmos's character makes a brief appearance. Was he in some kind of home for old blade runners?

The movie was great. Visuals are in a league of their own, along with the score. I thought Gosling was pretty good. The only thing that didn't quite fit for me was all of the time spent on the "Joi" character. I'm sure it was to highlight the blurring of reality, or what really constitutes "reality", but it was almost a distraction for as much time as was spent on it in a 2:44 movie. I also would've like just a little more explanation of the Blackout. I guess I'll have to check out the anime.
    Last edited by sundance435; 10-08-17 at 23:11.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast