Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: What axe are you folks using?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawnchair 04 View Post
    Well I just got the GF splitting axe I ordered from CSP forestry and it’s beautiful. I’m sure my buddy is gonna love it, he still heats his home with a wood furnace. Now I need to find a reason to order myself a GF small forest axe.
    Congrats on the purchase. No reason needed. We all like fine AR's and other great tools, so treat yourself to that GF small forest axe!
    I expend tremendous amounts of energy and time merely to be normal.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I need a splitting axe or a maul. I have large red oak rounds that are to heavy to pick up and split with my log splitter. My 8lb Home Depot maul just bounces off the rounds. Fiskar seems to be a great value. Can anyone recommend a model that won't break the bank.
    I'm thinking either the X27 or the ISO Core 8lb Maul.
    Last edited by sjc3081; 03-03-18 at 19:18.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation."
    Ronald Wilson Reagan

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sjc3081 View Post
    I need a splitting axe or a maul. I have large red oak rounds that are to heavy to pick up and split with my log splitter. My 8lb Home Depot maul just bounces off the rounds. Fiskar seems to be a great value. Can anyone recommend a model that won't break the bank.
    I'm thinking either the X27 or the ISO Core 8lb Maul.
    Not a Fiskar, but I’m a big fan of Stihl’s splitter made by Oxhead of Germany. I split several cord per year ( sometimes up to 10) of Doug fir, Tamarack and assorted pine and it’s never let me down.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerblue View Post
    Not a Fiskar, but I’m a big fan of Stihl’s splitter made by Oxhead of Germany. I split several cord per year ( sometimes up to 10) of Doug fir, Tamarack and assorted pine and it’s never let me down.
    Thanks but Doug Fir, tamarack and Pine are easy to spilt. Northeastern red oak, sugar maple, black cherry and locust are much harder to split.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation."
    Ronald Wilson Reagan

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    sjc3081, have you looked at the splitters and mauls from Council Tool?

Feedback Score
    Gransfor bruks small forest axe. (#420) but I am looking at teaming it with a folding saw and a Condor pack Golock (11" blade). I doubt I will use it as much then so it may be left behind should I need to drop a couple of pounds but if I can afford to carry it I will.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I like their white label Island body wash. Not a fan of their sprays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Speaking of "Folding Saws" as a compliment to Axes:

2018-03-12 17.36.45.jpg

20180312_173757.jpg
    In the chaos of battle, when the ground beneath your feet is a slurry of blood, puke, piss and the entrails of friends and enemies alike, it's easy to turn to the gods for salvation. But it's soldiers who do the fighting, and soldiers who do the dying, and the gods never get their feet wet. —Quintus Dias

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I didn't realize we had so many axe aficionados on here.

Any of you guys into Timbersports? I try to watch the competitions any chance I get, there are some NCAA teams even!

History's Modern Marvels is one of my favorite shows, they did a special on the axe.

"In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post
    I like their white label Island body wash. Not a fan of their sprays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I expected nothing less from a guy called Mr Goodtimes.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast