Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: PSA 20" Freedom Kit review pre-shooting

Feedback Score
    How is it terrible to list the fit and finish of a kit? Sure I've put less than 1000 rounds through it but that wasn't the point. Pre shooting is directly listed in the topic. No need to be such a grump and freak out. Ban me or delete this whole topic if it makes you feel better.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have an older PSA 20" upper with the FN barrel and it shoots very well, it completed my A3 clone nicely. Shoot the snot out of it and update as you go, I haven't seen a freedom upper yet to know if there are any differences between old and now.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mlberry View Post
    Stickman, do you mean that PSA uses inferior parts?
    No, he means that PSA has figured out how to sell exactly the same thing as BCM, Colt, etc. for less.

Feedback Score
    That is not what I meant. I meant the fit and finish is great for under $500. I said it is not a Colt, BCM, etc but I didn't expect it to be for the price.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Feline View Post
    No, he means that PSA has figured out how to sell exactly the same thing as BCM, Colt, etc. for less.
    No.

C4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Man I've been on this board for a while. These cats on here won't accept anything under a Colt 6920. That's pretty much close to fact. If you builtnit for yourself, good deal. I have a PSA for myself.

Most folks here are more than twice the year range guys. I respect their knowledge and advice. When finding permits, I'll build franken gun. But for now, illmsling lead out of my PSA. As long as i am training and becoming proficient with my weapon, I am doing the best I can do, PSA or BCM.

If you're looking to showboat it, hit another forum.

Feedback Score
    I don't know how much more clear I can get. There is nothing to showboat.

I never said this was the best or even anywhere near the best. I was only speaking through MY personal experiences with Army issued weapons in MY comparison, everybody who has ever been issued a firearm has their own experiences and outlook.

The whole point of this was just to give an honest first impression review for those who may be on the fence for purchasing one of the kits. I thought that was a positive thing. I plan on updating the more I get to shoot it so it's an ongoing thing.

I do respect others insight, just not when things get all twisted around. That said, I have been shooting these in various flavors for a shorter time than many here, but a decade none the less. I'm not the guy who shows up to the range in a plate carrier and does the side to side head look after every shot to be an "operator" while claiming a 10/22 is a howitzer.

I will gladly delete everything if too many feathers get ruffled.
    Last edited by Flatlander35; 12-08-16 at 10:17.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Thanks for sharing. Please do keep us informed as you get some rounds through it.

Feedback Score
    No feather ruffles from me, I like to see all data points and not just brand based confirmation bias. So keep up the reports.

Feedback Score
    OP, when you have 4k+ rounds through 2 PSAs (4k each) and mention it here, you will be derided and your experience will be pigeonholed under "sample of one". When DD Fails the AK Operator's Union hard use test, but PSA passes, it will be ignored, mocked, or marginalized. I started a thread titled My PSA Journey in which I detailed my experience with two PSA rifles that I built as trunk guns. That became a shitshow. Since then I've started other threads detailing my experience with now 5 PSAs - always "careful" to throw the elitists the bone of "I own 2 Colt 6720s, a DD, a BCM, and a Noveske/BCM hybrid for go to rifles" - I was endlessly baited and had my words twisted and taken out of context. It's kind of like a game here. I suspect private messages go out to some people who don't have anything better to do then marginalize someone who's experienced is not what "They" want it to be. I'm retired LE and a former Lead FI and Dept. Armorer; they can all kiss my ass. Bottom line: they have a big financial stake in the game, or they are toadies and sycophants of those stake holders and website owners.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast