Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Long Lurker - First AR Build

Feedback Score

Long Lurker - First AR Build

Well after a year and a half plus of reading/watching (information gathering), and moving from NY to Tennessee I FINALLY completed my first "build"

I put quotes on build because I actually didn't assemble the upper. Since it was my first go around I ordered a complete BCM 16" Lightweight Enhanced with 15" keymod and bcg upper from them. After a lot of research I don't think I could help but go with BCM. Great company and stand out products.

I did however build out the lower. I'm real happy overall with the end result. Here's some pics. All in I was at just about $1300 total.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    BCM offers a whole lot of bang for the buck. Seems like I've been using their parts almost exclusively lately for all my builds. Every part I've laid hands on, I've been very impressed with.

Nice looking rig, man. Are you planning on adding an optic? If not, you should look at a set of fixed sights versus the plastic Magpuls - little more rugged.
    Take it like a man."

This Too Shall Pass

Feedback Score
    Yea..going to put a red dot on it in the near future. Just haven't decided which and/or convinced myself to spend $600+ on an aimpoint

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    looks like a completed version of what my 'shopping list' looks like. Looks like you are a lefty?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kenshomi View Post
    looks like a completed version of what my 'shopping list' looks like. Looks like you are a lefty?
    I'm left handed right eye dominant. My wife is right handed left eye dominant so I went full ambi making sure it was good no matter who picked it up.

One thing that has surprised me so far at least for fairly close range shooting is I am still able to shoot accurately from my left side even being right eye dominant. I was expecting to actually have to only shoot it right handed. Not sure that is normal or not but I've swapped back between shoulders/hands/eyes and am fine to shoot accurate with either eye. I've only shot out to 50yds though with it so far.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Technically slapping on a complete upper to a lower is not a "build" but nice job nonetheless. Can't go wrong with BCM!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toecheese View Post
    Technically slapping on a complete upper to a lower is not a "build" but nice job nonetheless. Can't go wrong with BCM!
    You clearly didn't read his post

OP, which LPK did you use?

In addition to an Aimpoint, I would highly recommend the BCM handstop and keymod covers if you have the cash to spare.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinydane View Post
    Yea..going to put a red dot on it in the near future. Just haven't decided which and/or convinced myself to spend $600+ on an aimpoint
    Check out a Vortex SPARC II. It gets great reviews, is similar in size and is a fraction of the cost of an Aimpoint.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I frequently see Aimpoint PRO for $375 and less on sale.
    Do you even get down innagrass, bro?

Feedback Score
    Nice boomstick. I own 3 BCM uppers and have never had a problem out of any of their products. Now buy lots of ammo and mags. Then go get some quality training.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast