Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: Magpul Dynamics DVD

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by esskay View Post
    Interesting, found this description of inconel steel. Would be curious to know why such a premium metal might be spec'ed out for a muzzle device.

sorry about thread drift...
    I work in the severe service control valve industry and we use inconel when making parts that will receive alot of wear and tear, erosion from particulate matter, etc. It's very hard and very durable and we use it in gas rigs and things of that nature that are passing alot of sand, metal, etc. with the gases.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hey guys, Chris Costa directed me to this thread.

We call this the Triple Tap P/N 21385G Enhanced Compensator

We are doing a limited run of 100 of these items for civilian release, with the potnetial for more if these sell quickly.

Intially it was designed as a sacrificial blast baffle and brake for the SR25 Battle Rifle 14.5 7.62 gun, it transfered to the 16" BR - and then to the 5.56mm rifles and PDW.

as per Trey Knight
    There will be no warranty on this item and even though it will accept a M4-QD/NT4 can we do not recommend any kind of heavy usage with a can. I know this is a hot item and I know you guy's want them. The non- inconel version is the answer to this market and it is not ready yet. We(KAC) are focused on bringing more SR-15s to the commercial market so customers don't have to pay $3000 for them. Other projects will take a back seat until that happens. Please understand we are working as hard as we can to make you guy's happy and satisfy our military contracts
    The reason there is no warrantee is the fact you could easily put it inside a NT-4 and if you ran it really really hard you could rupture it inside the suppressor.

Its unlikley - but it has happened, and as such we are being very careful about releasing it to the civilian market place.

There is a large demand for this, but keep in mind it will be expensive, we are trying to hold retail under $500, but at this point due to the inconel, and the EDM machining needed to work this, it is an expensive part to manufacturer.

I have a few of these, I love them, and I will be sitting in line for at least two more when they are released.

* These need to be cleaned - or you get a large carbon buildup - and you will get the fireball that was present in Chris Costa's gun recently.

coldblue - LtCol Dave Lutz - removes his prior to cleaning so as not to add more carbon and filth build up.

I recommend soaking the muzzle end in a solvent tank or ultra-sonic cleaner if you do not wish to removed the Triple Tap

When I remove them and soak in solvent - I then take a wire brush and srub the inside to clean out any caked on carbon or copper buildup.
    Last edited by KevinB; 03-13-09 at 15:49.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Manager, Federal Sales
    FN America, LLC
    Office: 703.288.3500 x181 | Mobile: 407-451-4544 | Fax: 703.288.4505
    www.fnhusa.com

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Kevin,

Thanks for the info, always a pleasure reading info direct from the source.

Correct me if im wrong but as i understand it the flash hider was designed as a sacrificial item to prevent the can from going boom instead? If so, how exactly does that work without damaging the can as well?
    Last edited by Magsz; 03-13-09 at 16:06.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The FH/Comp simply protects the life of the Can due to lessening the blast that the suppressors baffles take. acting as the initial blast baffle. It can extend the life of the supressor by multiples.
    However if you kick the piss out of it (run a few Beta mags) etc. it can blow out into the can, then your can and your FH are done.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Manager, Federal Sales
    FN America, LLC
    www.fnhusa.com

Feedback Score
    Damn.

I (along with probably most on this forum,) REALLY want one of those little beauties.

Even if the chance of me running a can on my non-work guns are slim and none. And slim is leaving town.
    I AM a CanadianGunSlinger!!!!!!

Cede Nullis

Feedback Score
    So, it enhances the life of the suppressor, unless it blows up and destroys the suppressor? I'm assuming that a SA gun wouldn't be a problem, it would be in FA guns run silly? I guess I won't put it on my SAW

Is it that good of a compensator?

Man, one of those would really finish off my Noveske Magpul Reece rifle

At $500, I'll wait for the non-Inconel version though.

Just think, a shoebox full of flashhiders would be worth $50,000.
    Last edited by FromMyColdDeadHand; 03-15-09 at 02:19.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    One thing I noticed during the video was no push / pull during magazine changes. Is this not something you guys (Magpul Dynamics) stress? I signed up for your July class in Portland. Cant wait.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    So, it enhances the life of the suppressor, unless it blows up and destroys the suppressor? I'm assuming that a SA gun wouldn't be a problem, it would be in FA guns run silly? I guess I won't put it on my SAW

Is it that good of a compensator?

Man, one of those would really finish off my Noveske Magpul Reece rifle

At $500, I'll wait for the non-Inconel version though.

Just think, a shoebox full of flashhiders would be worth $50,000.
    I've put one on a SAW and a Stoner LMG with no problems, and a NT-3 - however this is an area where we want to be clear we do not recommend it. Since we cannot control the item after it leaves the factory, and what you do to it, this is why we are not recommending or warranteeing it for using an NT4 or NT3 Suppressor.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Manager, Federal Sales
    FN America, LLC
    www.fnhusa.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Heck I might as well ask this here since I don't know where else to ask. What is the song and composer of the music which is playing during the DVD menu of the movie? I would check my copy, but my "buddy" from work "borrowed" it and hasn't returned it yet.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by decodeddiesel View Post
    Heck I might as well ask this here since I don't know where else to ask. What is the song and composer of the music which is playing during the DVD menu of the movie? I would check my copy, but my "buddy" from work "borrowed" it and hasn't returned it yet.
    Oddly enough, ive been hearing that music all over the place. I heard it on the discovery channel a couple weeks ago and in a video game trailer i THINK.

Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast