Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Spike's Sandbox combo build, anyone done one?

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Black and Tan. Teeth- you gotta call it The Doberman
    I was thinking "Warthog". Until I used my Google-Fu and discovered Spikes Tactical already made a "Warthog" lower with the big tusks and all.
    What's sad is that I wasn't even surprised at that point.

So Doberman it is... "Dobie"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    I agree with your agreement. Lol My LGS puts their logo on the side of the magwell of the Aero lowers they sell. I try to buy the ones before the paint them on. Besides chances are I'm going to paint over it anyway. I'm not interested in my AR being a billboard for any company and certainly not interested in gimmicks. Why in the name of Mike does an idiot put shiny red , blue or GOLD parts on the outside of his tactical weapon??? Because he (or she) didn't build a fighting weapon, they built a status symbol. Ridiculous I tell ya.

I'm with you, on the no free advertising. Hell, I even make car dealerships take their sticker off of a car before I buy it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JRHorne View Post
    One gun. Multiple formal classes. Dozens of range sessions. All with the goal of operating that particular weapon at its limits as second nature in a sustained manner during a stressful situation.

Picked up the kit today and like the color even more in person. It does have a more sand look and isn't as pronounced as some of the online photos.

Although I hate to agree with a user named Bimmer who has the BMW logo as his avatar and then said on the first page he drives a Subaru... black is the answer for what color accessories for this gun.
    Lol...you might just make it around here bro.

Like I said, it ain't for me, but I would love to see pics of it in action once you get it rolling.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

Spike's Sandbox combo build, anyone done one?

Quote Originally Posted by JC5188 View Post
    Lol...you might just make it around here bro.

Like I said, it ain't for me, but I would love to see pics of it in action once you get it rolling.

Ya gotta have a sense of humor and some thick skin I. This business.
    I still think he ought to kit up like one of the Road Warriors running some CQ drills.
    You cannot tell me that that AR wouldn't look perfect in this scenario.

Last edited by RobertTheTexan; 01-19-17 at 05:11.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JC5188 View Post
    I'm with you, on the no free advertising. Hell, I even make car dealerships take their sticker off of a car before I buy it.

I do the same on the car dealership sticker.

Quote Originally Posted by R0CKETMAN View Post
    I'm voting for 16" and some black to contrast.

for bbl
    http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-B...16-elw-bfh.htm

Ignore all the useless dumbassery comments. Cool paint job
    16" would be great but it would just duplicate my main rifle unless I bought a piston kit, which I don't really want to do.

Quote Originally Posted by sevenhelmet View Post
    Not sure why it has to be just one gun to be considered hardcore, but OK. Do you CCW or have a firearm(s) set aside for home defense? Training to operate the gun under pressure isn't just for high speed door kickers. FWIW, I have two young kids, an active military job that involves a lot of travel, a masters' program, and I still find time to train and take occasional shooting classes. I have to plan ahead sometimes, but finding time to take 100-200 rounds and a gun to the range is honestly not that hard. I told myself for a long time I didn't have time to train, but I realized I was just making excuses. Now I've discovered how much better I can be, and it's addictive- the satisfaction of seeing my (admittedly feeble) skills improve is a huge part of why I got into shooting in the first place.

Classes have taught me how good I can get (seeing some amazing shooters still training to get better), what I can screw up under pressure (even with a weapon I previously thought I was proficient with), and how I can use my life-limited range time more effectively.

If, God forbid, I ever have to use a firearm to defend myself or my family, I know it will pay dividends.
    To clarify, one gun as in training with a primary platform (like the AR) on a generally like-setup. Had my CCW since 09, have owned ~25 different pistols. I shot all of the XDs and then went to Glock, LCPs, etc. Where I am currently is a G17, G19, Sig P238 that I CC a lot, and a Ruger LCR I like to pocket carry in the summer. I live 10 minutes from Triangle Shooting Academy (google them) and spend some time on their range, but they don't offer the carbine classes etc now. I absolutely could find time to train, but not how I'd want to. My wife has her doctorate and a demanding career as well so we prioritize each other and our son at this point in our lives. Not to mention I am on the board for a not-for-profit organization that serves all of NC to educates kids and now parents make healthy life choices.

I said all of that to say that should I carve out time to train hardcore (by my definition), it would be with my Scorpion, G17/19, primary DI setup, or my Benelli M1S90, in that order right now. This build will be a range toy.

Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    This thread is terrible.

I'll have you know, vanilla is the 2nd most expensive spice per weight. Vanilla is always the answer, because it's reliable, strong, and delicious.

It doesn't matter if you buy brown, blue, or orange colored chocolate ice cream, it will taste the same, like crap.
    Not going to lie, this made me laugh way too hard.

EDIT: I'll take some pics tonight of the kit in person. I may go ahead and order the BCM grip since people seem to love the angle and I have short fingers, so it should help. I think I've got 3 or 4 LPKs laying around. Need to decide if I am going to order a standard buffer tube setup or try out this new Magpul UBR gen 2.
    Last edited by JRHorne; 01-19-17 at 07:18.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Looks like cosmetics, et al, aren't a big deal if it ever ends up in court.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...ing-vid-(NSFW)
    Last edited by JasonB1; 12-10-17 at 09:05.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonB1 View Post

Do you really want to leave that to chance simply because you wanted your range toy to look badass shooting dirt clods with the bubbas? When nearly half the nation is anti gun, I am not leaving something as silly as a "your ****ed" dust cover on a weapon I may rely on to save my life. YMMV.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonB1 View Post

That only works if you're a Lawgiver. If you're one of the unwashed masses, you're screwed.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Unless you roll into the range and are a clear shooting god, everyone else is laughing their assess off at you with this kind of skull / battleworn / bullshit rig.

And yes we can tell legit use vs battleworn.

Rhino out.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    That only works if you're a Lawgiver. If you're one of the unwashed masses, you're screwed.
    Events from start to finish clearly demonstrate that.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast