Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 20 Round GI Mags w/Magpul followers

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    I don't know where all the GI 20 "perfection" is coming from, but I have seen pretty much the same amount of magazine related issues with the 20s as with good 30s, given a working base weapon.

They're ok, but "perfect"?
    Come on.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    I don't know where all the GI 20 "perfection" is coming from, but I have seen pretty much the same amount of magazine related issues with the 20s as with good 30s, given a working base weapon.

They're ok, but "perfect"?
    Come on.
    As close to perfect as you're going to get for the AR platform... the magazine is designed for the .223Rem cartridge, and the magazine well.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    But - the follower legs on a GI 20 are short, and so are the 20 round magpul followers (on the butt end) - while I've NOT had issues with 30 round mags once I had MP followers in them.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by m4brian View Post
    But - the follower legs on a GI 20 are short, and so are the 20 round magpul followers (on the butt end) - while I've NOT had issues with 30 round mags once I had MP followers in them.
    The follower legs on a GI 20 are practically non-existent. There's a little foot on the aft of the follower, and nothing up front.

The point still stands- a MagPul follower will not fit in a USGI20 without substantial modification.

Feedback Score

Left: CMMG SSAT follower, comparable to a MagPul follower.
    Right: USGI aluminum follower from 1960s era Colt AR-15 magazine.

Why you aren't going to fit a MagPul or other no-tilt follower into a USGI20. The spring steel tab that retains the floor plate gets in the way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12