Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bravo Company 20" SS410 SAM-R barrel (and more...)

Feedback Score
    Have you noticed any problems with having the scope mounted as you do with one ring on the receiver and one ring on the handguard?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jvencius View Post
    Have you noticed any problems with having the scope mounted as you do with one ring on the receiver and one ring on the handguard?
    I wouldnt put one ring on the rail unless it was a real monolithic upper or you were using something like a swan sleeve. Primary arms has some deluxe mounts and the most popular option seems to be the Burris PEPR mount.

Otherwise nice rig
    Last edited by Nefarious79; 01-26-11 at 01:26.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Nice review and nice rig. Im going with the same barrel just ion bonded on my current build. Nice to see some positive reviews on it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jvencius View Post
    I have not... yet. I agree with Nefarious, it is probably better to keep everything mounted to the receiver itself. It's a temporary solution - with the two scope rings and the size of the scope, I could not get the eye relief I wanted while keeping both rings on the receiver. I plan to upgrade the rings to a LaRue SPR/extended eye relief mount in the future.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dakotalawdog View Post
    I have not... yet. I agree with Nefarious, it is probably better to keep everything mounted to the receiver itself. It's a temporary solution - with the two scope rings and the size of the scope, I could not get the eye relief I wanted while keeping both rings on the receiver. I plan to upgrade the rings to a LaRue SPR/extended eye relief mount in the future.
    Sounds Good!

Its just the difference in manufacturing/finishing of the front rail to the rail on the receiver. Things have a come a long long ways as far as standardizing sizes of rails. But a difference of a couple thousandths is probably unavoidable in rail height and width. And while you may be able to sight the rifle in fine @ 100yds, when you stretch it out and start running your scope say you dial in 5mils and take your shot at 800yds it may not end up where you thought it would, just as an example.

Feedback Score

I am jealous...I really wish I had the money to get a SPR
    Refer to Chart; commence butthurt

Feedback Score
    Very nice piece. I've been talking myself into buying the ss410 barrel. I think this will help me "pull the trigger".

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by buyforce View Post
    Very nice piece. I've been talking myself into buying the ss410 barrel. I think this will help me "pull the trigger".
    I agree.
    It would be nice if they hade some in stock to sell.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by smschulz View Post
    I agree.
    Last time they were in stock I snatched up on of the ionbonded ones for my SPR build. Im going to assume I got the last one or one of the last ones cause after I purchased mine they were out of stock...lol

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by smschulz View Post
    I agree.
    I have been waiting for one of the ion-bonded + fluted barrels for months, in addition to their ion-bonded auto bolt carrier groups.

If they aren't in stock in another month, I may just go for a White Oak Squad Designated Marksman fluted barrel in 1/8 + a LMT Auto BCG...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast