Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Using a Magpul .308 PMag in a SCAR 17S

Feedback Score
    Why doesn't somebody just make a lower out of billet aluminum?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I don't understand how one can pay $2800 for a top notch rifle and then get queazy about paying $40 for a magazine. Thats like buying a Ferrari and putting cheap tires on it. I mentioned a while ago, it would be cool if Magpul made a SCAR 17 lower that accepts Pmags. I can't see them doing something like that unless it was going to be profitable. Those pictures are painful to look at.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I would say that it's more like buying a nice, new SUV or pick-up truck and having to fill it up with Premium, when you'd much prefer that it take Diesel. And all the options that take diesel are junkers (DPMS), overweight (LMT), or cost twice the price (KAC).

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Just got off the phone with my order. I was wrong, the lower trigger module was $48, not $40. I also ordered a few other screws. I asked the lady and she said the 17's were available too.

However...... still a no go on barrels and you can't order anything to do with the bolt. No extractor, bolt, springs, etc.

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scoutfsu99 View Post
    Just got off the phone with my order. I was wrong, the lower trigger module was $48, not $40. I also ordered a few other screws. I asked the lady and she said the 17's were available too.

However...... still a no go on barrels and you can't order anything to do with the bolt. No extractor, bolt, springs, etc.
    I have an extractor that I picked up from my local shop for a 16s, I'll snap a picture of the little bag it came in when I get home.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    nice. You should grab me one next time!

Feedback Score
    I wonder if you could order a stripped lower receiver and send it off to someone like KAC, LMT, etc. and have them use their magwell broaching fixture to open it up to the proper dimensions in one quick, uniform pass. With lowers for $48 I'm somewhat interested to give this a try. Well done; this deserves the WECSOG medal for gallentry...

Stephen

Feedback Score

Worth Experimenting ?

I suppose for $48 and the fact that the lower is not the serialized firearm identifier makes it a worthwhile project for someone with access to a solid modeling system. Either via mold or by some laser scanning modeler one could construct a mag well that can be accurately machined to accept the ubiquitous Magpul mags ? Just some wishful thinking on my part.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    oh man, that literally put a knot in my stomach
    Last edited by eternal24k; 05-24-11 at 20:28.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    That's some quality whittle work there, just beautiful man, beautiful.
    "Life is short, but the years are long." - Robert A. Heinlein

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast