Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to check if Pending?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Update

My paperwork for the Colt SBR was sent in approx. March 5th, called today to check status. They show the transfer to my dealer but nothing other than that. Looks like its going to be a long wait.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Called today to check on the status of my SBR paperwork with the ATF. They showed the transfer from the company I ordered it from to my local Class III dealer. Nothing else. Does this mean I simply haven't even been assigned to a person to deal with it? I used a USPS money order to pay so my wife wouldn't see the check. Rules out seeing when the check is cashed as a way to see if assigned.
    Am I simply in for a long wait? I mailed in the paperwork 2 months ago. Any thoughts, suggestions?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    What use to be "normal" and what is now "normal" are two different things. I mailed a new Form 1 out on 02-15 and haven't even called to check on it. Unfortunately with the current political climate things are just taking longer and we are just going to have to be patient.

My best advice is pretend your not waiting on anything and try to forget it. That way when it does come in its like Christmas in the middle of the year.
    Only hits count......you can not miss fast enough to catch up

"I'm just a one man army waging jihad against shitty ARs, one rifle at a time." Will Larson (IraqGunz) I miss you my friend

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SWATcop1911 View Post
    My best advice is pretend your not waiting on anything and try to forget it. That way when it does come in its like Christmas in the middle of the year.
    Or mail it in this week, and it probably will be Christmas by the time you get it...

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dbrowne1 View Post
    Or mail it in this week, and it probably will be Christmas by the time you get it...
    Very good point
    Only hits count......you can not miss fast enough to catch up

"I'm just a one man army waging jihad against shitty ARs, one rifle at a time." Will Larson (IraqGunz) I miss you my friend

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 6933 View Post
    Called today to check on the status of my SBR paperwork with the ATF. They showed the transfer from the company I ordered it from to my local Class III dealer. Nothing else. Does this mean I simply haven't even been assigned to a person to deal with it? I used a USPS money order to pay so my wife wouldn't see the check. Rules out seeing when the check is cashed as a way to see if assigned.
    Am I simply in for a long wait? I mailed in the paperwork 2 months ago. Any thoughts, suggestions?
    Call USPS with your reciept in hand and see when the MO was cashed, I think they can check for you. Once you get that date, figure a 2 month wait from then until you go pending, then about another month until you get your forms back.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    My paperwork took 71 days pre-Obama and using a trust. This is post Obama and you went CLEO route. I am fairly certain that you are going to be waiting 90-120 days until the tax stamp comes back. YMMV.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Local Post Office says no way to check if money order cashed or not. All I want to know is if the ATF has even started processing. Guess I'm destined to not know until I get a call from my local Class III guys. If patience is a virtue, I need to become virtuous.

Feedback Score
    Local Post Office says no way to check if money order cashed or not. All I want to know is if the ATF has even started processing. Guess I'm destined to not know until I get a call from my local Class III guys. If patience is a virtue, I need to become virtuous.

My PO told me they CAN check if it has been cashed but can take up to 60 days to find out. Guess nothing is fast when you are waiting on the Gov't.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Mine took 72 days (traditional/non-trust) from Sept-Dec last year. I have a few suppressors I have been waiting about a month on. If I get them before July I will be happy.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast