Page 31 of 45 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: E-Lander magazines

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    And we had guys use them in Iraq on the contract I was on and they had multiple failures across the board feeding and binding. So I don't need to use them to know they are shit because I observed them failing first hand and once they trashed them and went back to Glock magazines the issues went away.

I also don't need to test a shitty parts from xxx company because I have seen enough to know that they will fail and usually not when you want them to.

I am not going to reveal his background, because that's not my job. But, I do know who he is and what he does, which is all "I" need. You can accept it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    I have four KCI Glock magazines (15 round 9mm "G19" mags). I have been using them at the range for years and years. I have never had a single problem with any of them. This is actually an EXCELLENT analogy. I actually own and use those magazines, and in exactly the same role that is being discussed here. I use and abuse them at the range because they were less expensive than Glock brand magazines. I test my Glock brand mags to make sure they work and I load up for potential defensive use with them, and put some 'back' as 'just in case' that stay in pristine condition...and I can afford more of the Glock brand magazines precisely because I do range/training stuff with the KCI. But you don't think that is a viable option, despite apparently never using them. (and probably having a much more significant budget/allocation/allowance for items of this type than myself and others)

I thought one of the important aspects of this site was actual users providing actual feedback on products they actually have experience with.

It seems strange to me that people with admittedly zero experience with a product are arguing against the people that have the product in their hands, and who just got back from using the product for live fire.

So what is his background and what does he do? Right now for all I/many others know he is just some guy who can't shut up about how crappy a product he has never owned, possessed, or used is.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    And we had guys use them in Iraq on the contract I was on and they had multiple failures across the board feeding and binding. So I don't need to use them to know they are shit because I observed them failing first hand and once they trashed them and went back to Glock magazines the issues went away.

I also don't need to test a shitty parts from xxx company because I have seen enough to know that they will fail and usually not when you want them to.

I am not going to reveal his background, because that's not my job. But, I do know who he is and what he does, which is all "I" need. You can accept it or not.

I'm sorry to hear that.

And it's why I don't want to risk wearing out my *disposable item* magazines that are proven to work if there is ANY chance that I won't be able to acquire more in the future. (and afford them)

We can all be as sure as shit that there won't be any restrictions, bans, or limitations on magazines for us regular Joe private citizens, but that doesn't guarantee it. I've been saying there won't be an AWB or mag cap limit since 2008, and I'm still saying it, but I'm not stupid enough to risk getting caught with my pants down if some kind of bullshit does get through, and my "trust" for Congress is pretty much non-existent.

Can either of you point me to magazines that are better and more reliable than the e-landers that can be had for the same ballpark price of ~$17 each shipped?

I mean, I'm more than happy to buy the best stuff available if it's even close to my budget, but when there IS NO OTHER ALTERNATIVE...is it really so bad to have magazines that need 1/16" of metal removed for use at the range to save 'the good shit' for when it matters??
    Last edited by Warp; 02-04-13 at 15:34.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    What's the big deal about having to tune them a little?? When you build an AR you are really just assembling the gun. No file, stone work or measuring is needed. Maybe check the head space but I doubt many do. I guess coming from a 1911 background where almost every component is massaged I don't understand why you resist tuning a magazine. I had to tune the spring length for a recent shotgun extension installation-- Should I bad mouth Nordic for not cutting it for me? People have been tuning magazines for years. When this frenzi dies down I will order some E-Lander 20 rounders and look foward to tuning them if nessasary. GH

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Actually there is an alternative. It's called USGI magazines for 20.00 each that have been known performers for years. I would rather spend 3.00 more on a known variable than save 3.00 on magazines that have no known track record.

I could care less if there is a magazine ban, to be honest because I have my magazines. That's because I didn't wait until last month to buy them and once Barry took office I accelerated my purchase schedule because I knew what he and his party is about.

I'm sorry to hear that.

And it's why I don't want to risk wearing out my *disposable item* magazines that are proven to work if there is ANY chance that I won't be able to acquire more in the future. (and afford them)

We can all be as sure as shit that there won't be any restrictions, bans, or limitations on magazines for us regular Joe private citizens, but that doesn't guarantee it. I've been saying there won't be an AWB or mag cap limit since 2008, and I'm still saying it, but I'm not stupid enough to risk getting caught with my pants down if some kind of bullshit does get through, and my "trust" for Congress is pretty much non-existent.

Can either of you point me to magazines that are better and more reliable than the e-landers that can be had for the same ballpark price of ~$17 each shipped?

I mean, I'm more than happy to buy the best stuff available if it's even close to my budget, but when there IS NO OTHER ALTERNATIVE...is it really so bad to have magazines that need 1/16" of metal removed for use at the range to save 'the good shit' for when it matters??

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Actually there is an alternative. It's called USGI magazines for 20.00 each that have been known performers for years. I would rather spend 3.00 more on a known variable than save 3.00 on magazines that have no known track record.

I could care less if there is a magazine ban, to be honest because I have my magazines. That's because I didn't wait until last month to buy them and once Barry took office I accelerated my purchase schedule because I knew what he and his party is about.
    That's good. It really is. But not everybody is in the same position.

I was FINALLY able to afford my first AR (or similar) type rifle back in June. An AR had been at the top of my list for years and years, I had sworn I'd get one before the 2008 elections, even, but could never afford it so it never happened.

It's expensive. I didn't want to buy crap on any level. I bought a Colt LE6920. I bought a bunch of Federal XM193. I bought PMAGs. I put an Aimpoint on top. A VCAS. A DD QD rend plate. Troy BUIS. More Federal and PPU ammo. I took it to multiple Appleseeds, where I discovered my astigmastism/high order abberations make the dot look like a pile of spaghetti and I am unable to consistently get the kind of precision I want, so I upgraded to a TR24G in a Larue Mount. I bought Magpul training DVDs. I attended defensive carbine/pistol matches. I haven't been to a "carbine class" yet, but its' high on the list. (I have 1,970 rounds through the carbine since I got it in June, not as much as I would like, but it's a start)

All of those things cost a lot of money, especially to somebody like me. My budget has a limit, as do many others. I didn't think a ban would be a possibility, even with the election, but then Sandy Hook happened and the entire situation got amped up by a factor of 10. So now I want more, 'just in case', and I don't want to abuse/wear out my PMAGs if the worse (legislatively) should happen. After all, magazines ARE disposable and they do wear out, and they are very important to the function of the rifle. So I bought some spare parts (BCM BCG, most notably) and went looking for mags. I didn't really look for ammo because it's just way too expensive right now, I"ll have to stick with what I have.

I say all this because I see where your thought process is possibly going with the "didn't wait till last month to buy them".

Also, you have a good point with the $20 NHMTG magazines. I have been buying them recently. I probably would have ordered more of them from the beginning but when I placed the e-lander order I didn't know you could get new NHMTG mags for $20 (although that does not include shipping, whatever, close enough).

I have placed three orders with buffer tech for those $20 NHMTG mags, as I'm sure you've noticed in the "where can I find it" thread. I received the second one today, and got ship confirmation on the third.

But I STILL see a use for the e-lander magazines. Do a small amount of filing and use them on the range. Maybe we are looking at different reviews or using different experiences (have you witnessed the e-landers in use?) but they don't see to be "crap" to me. So they aren't PMAGs or Lancers or even NHMTG, but they seem to be the next best (less bad) thing?

And it really is great that you hvae all the mags you'd ever need if there was a ban, but that doesn't apply to everybody, and it isn't necessarily the fault of those people that they don't have so many magazines.

Different people have different needs.

Edit: PS, I kind of feel like I shouldnt' cancel my order now, even though I was turned on to those NHMTG mags at buffer tech, because I voluntarily sought out mako group and agreed to pay them X amount of money for Y magazines with Z wait time. I wouldn't feel right about backing out just because I found something better in the meantime.
    Last edited by Warp; 02-04-13 at 16:04.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    That's your prerogative. I don't reward companies that make cheap and mediocre stuff. I also make certain things a priority. Weapon, ammo and mags first. Everything else is an accessory and not going to disappear soon.

That's good. It really is. But not everybody is in the same position.

I was FINALLY able to afford my first AR (or similar) type rifle back in June. An AR had been at the top of my list for years and years, I had sworn I'd get one before the 2008 elections, even, but could never afford it so it never happened.

It's expensive. I didn't want to buy crap on any level. I bought a Colt LE6920. I bought a bunch of Federal XM193. I bought PMAGs. I put an Aimpoint on top. A VCAS. A DD QD rend plate. Troy BUIS. More Federal and PPU ammo. I took it to multiple Appleseeds, where I discovered my astigmastism/high order abberations make the dot look like a pile of spaghetti and I am unable to consistently get the kind of precision I want, so I upgraded to a TR24G in a Larue Mount. I bought Magpul training DVDs. I attended defensive carbine/pistol matches. I haven't been to a "carbine class" yet, but its' high on the list. (I have 1,970 rounds through the carbine since I got it in June, not as much as I would like, but it's a start)

All of those things cost a lot of money, especially to somebody like me. My budget has a limit, as do many others. I didn't think a ban would be a possibility, even with the election, but then Sandy Hook happened and the entire situation got amped up by a factor of 10. So now I want more, 'just in case', and I don't want to abuse/wear out my PMAGs if the worse (legislatively) should happen. After all, magazines ARE disposable and they do wear out, and they are very important to the function of the rifle. So I bought some spare parts (BCM BCG, most notably) and went looking for mags. I didn't really look for ammo because it's just way too expensive right now, I"ll have to stick with what I have.

I say all this because I see where your thought process is possibly going with the "didn't wait till last month to buy them".

Also, you have a good point with the $20 NHMTG magazines. I have been buying them recently. I probably would have ordered more of them from the beginning but when I placed the e-lander order I didn't know you could get new NHMTG mags for $20 (although that does not include shipping, whatever, close enough).

I have placed three orders with buffer tech for those $20 NHMTG mags, as I'm sure you've noticed in the "where can I find it" thread. I received the second one today, and got ship confirmation on the third.

But I STILL see a use for the e-lander magazines. Do a small amount of filing and use them on the range. Maybe we are looking at different reviews or using different experiences (have you witnessed the e-landers in use?) but they don't see to be "crap" to me. So they aren't PMAGs or Lancers or even NHMTG, but they seem to be the next best (less bad) thing?

And it really is great that you hvae all the mags you'd ever need if there was a ban, but that doesn't apply to everybody, and it isn't necessarily the fault of those people that they don't have so many magazines.

Different people have different needs.

Edit: PS, I kind of feel like I shouldnt' cancel my order now, even though I was turned on to those NHMTG mags at buffer tech, because I voluntarily sought out mako group and agreed to pay them X amount of money for Y magazines with Z wait time. I wouldn't feel right about backing out just because I found something better in the meantime.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    That's your prerogative. I don't reward companies that make cheap and mediocre stuff. I also make certain things a priority. Weapon, ammo and mags first. Everything else is an accessory and not going to disappear soon.
    What might disappear soon? Those three things?

That's why mediocre magazines like the e-landers are still worth buying to some people. Because there is a chance they might disappear, and the reports from actual users indicate that if you can use a file for a minute or two you will get a well made, reliable, functional magazine. At least that's the gist of what I am getting, if you can wade through all of the abrasive posts by those who have not used them.

Have you used e-lander mags, or seen them in use?
    Last edited by Warp; 02-04-13 at 16:51.

Feedback Score
    Just got my refund notification!

I'm happy with them!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3O8Junkie View Post
    Just got my refund notification!

I'm happy with them!
    Has it hit your card/payment method? If so, how long did it take, if you don't mind.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    if you can use a file for a minute or two you will get a well made, reliable, functional magazine. At least that's the gist of what I am getting, if you can wade through all of the abrasive posts by those who have not used them.

Have you used e-lander mags, or seen them in use?

I honestly don't understand the hate, someone posted a review showing the exact same results, 30 seconds with a dremel or a minute with a file on the catch and it drops free, doesn't require a slap, and apparently feeds just fine. Heck you have to modify Pmags to get them to function right in Scars, but that didn't stop most people who own Scars, same thing applies here, albeit for a little wider audience

Worst case, if you don't like them, you can probably still sell them for what you have in them, even if they are used.

Page 31 of 45 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast