Page 8 of 182 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread: SHOT Show 2015 Pictures (From SMGLee)

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dano5326 View Post
    As evidenced by the hk416 origin of the rail, intended for professional users, cosmetics not a consideration.
    So heat mitigation and improved grip offered by polymer covers isn't an issue for "professional" users?
    Last edited by Waylander; 05-24-12 at 00:25.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sqwerl View Post
    So heat mitigation and improved grip offered by polymer covers isn't an issue for "professional" users?
    The "professional" user sadly doesn't get to take advantage of the rather mind pondering benefits of all the various neat looking polymer covers/rail panels since they have a very famous history of going tits up immediately when used in combat.

Oddly enough a pair of $15 base model Mechanix gloves provide an equal solution to the latest high speed rail cover.

Some of us have the liberty of putting things on our rifles that others simply don't have due to their circumstances not allowing it.
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 05-24-12 at 00:48.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIDENT82 View Post
    Everything Geissele touches turns to gold
    So...can we count on you for an unbiased review of the rail?

The "professional" user sadly doesn't get to take advantage of the rather mind pondering benefits of all the various neat looking polymer covers/rail panels since they have a very famous history of going tits up immediately when used in combat.

Oddly enough a pair of $15 base model Mechanix gloves provide an equal solution to Magpul's latest high speed rail cover.

Some of us have the liberty of putting things on our rifles that others simply don't have the ability to do because their circumstances won't allow it.
    Believe it or not they do serve a purpose for people that aren't just after "neat looking" rail panels but functionality and not constantly having to deal with gloves.

Modularity and options...one reason I suppose Noveske found a need and realistic market for them. I'm sure Geissele knows what's best for their customers though.
    Last edited by Waylander; 05-24-12 at 01:51.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    So...can we count on you for an unbiased review of the rail?
    Overlooking the smartass nature of that question, I'll be more than happy to answer it for you....

I have no bias in regards to any rail...be it this one or any of the other new ones. It's kinda a waste of my time to ponder rails when I exclusively run LMT monolithic tops.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    No, not really. There are these special, exotic things called "Gloves" that mitigate the need for panels.

I haven't used panels in YEARS and have somehow survived.

C4
    Last edited by C4IGrant; 05-24-12 at 07:08.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Oddly enough a pair of $15 base model Mechanix gloves provide an equal solution to the latest high speed rail cover.

Some of us have the liberty of putting things on our rifles that others simply don't have due to their circumstances not allowing it.
    Overlooking the smartass nature of that question, I'll be more than happy to answer it for you....

I have no bias in regards to any rail...be it this one or any of the other new ones. It's kinda a waste of my time to ponder rails when I exclusively run LMT monolithic tops.
    Tit for tat, my friend. I asked a non-cosmetic, functional question and you reply with a smartass answer about the "mind pondering benefits of all the various neat looking polymer covers".

Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    No, not really. There are these special, exotic things called "Gloves" that mitigate the need for panels.

I haven't used panels in YEARS and have somehow survived.

C4
    Christ, I didn't know asking a legitimate question that potential customers may want to know the answer would stir up this much crap. I meant no disrespect to anyone, particularly professionals in the field. Gloves are your choice but not for everyone. Geissele's business decisions, while sometimes odd (remember S2S?) are their own to make.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Christ, I didn't know asking a legitimate question that potential customers may want to know the answer would stir up this much crap. I meant no disrespect to anyone, particularly professionals in the field. Gloves are your choice but not for everyone. Geissele's business decisions, while sometimes odd (remember S2S?) are their own to make.
    Oh, I don't think you post was that big a deal, but was just explaining that those of use with a lot of time running AR, AK, Suppressors, etc have learned that Gloves are must for any type of long shooting (as do our troops).

If you don't like Gloves, that is fine with me (and most likely everyone else).

The S2S is alive and well as the G2S and we sell them on a regular basis.

C4

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'm thinking that the rotation issue is not one with this rail. Those side panels with the set screws look like they could take some serious abuse before they will let the handguard rotate. My guess is if what you are doing causes them to break loose and rotate the handguard you're hands or whatever body part are hanging on to the rifle with will already be broken. The design also looks like I allows for super anal alignment of the top rail with the upper and no slop once the set screws are snugged down. From what I see I like the design. Would like to see it on a gun though. Am also wondering how thick it is since the 3, 6, & 9 o'clock sections are raised instead of a simple circle design ala the Troy or MI.

As for the panels, I don't see Geiselle getting into the molding business, but I could be wrong. I understand wanting to protect your investment, especially of that asking price comes true (OUCH); but I wouldn't make it my go no go decision point. You can always go to Home Depot and buy some grip tape and cover up the exposed ridges.

Wonder what kind of VFG would fit on there without the need to use a pic panel.
    Last edited by TAZ; 05-24-12 at 11:46.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Asked Bill himself and got a response. I knew Geissle wouldnt get their customers down.

Quote Originally Posted by sagmill
    We have something in the prototype stage. It should do exactly what you need it to do.
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 05-24-12 at 12:33.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

So how much longer (I saw the reference to number of weeks Trident posted...), and how much $$$ until these (refer image) are available??

I really want to change up the rail on my SPR/Recce and it's between this and the NSR.

Page 8 of 182 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast