Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Put down the Dremel!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    One of the first things I learned messing with an AR is that the cam pin is one of those parts that goes in one way only and don't fit from the other direction.

Which makes yahoo boy's complaint even stranger since if you have half a brain,which in some cases is a large assumption,you can see this arrangement makes perfect sense.

I have to wonder what his job is....knowing our luck he's a top engineer at a nuclear facility somewheres
    "That which is dead can eternal lie,and with strange aeons even death may die"~Lovecraft

Feedback Score
    With regard to the original story that Grant related, it's never even occurred to me to try to stick the cam pin through the bolt from the wrong side. I had no idea it wouldn't fit. I learned something new today.
    I'm in the same boat. The first time I disassembled and reassembled my Colt's BCG I never thought to try and stick the cam pin in the bolt while it was out of the carrier. When I reinserted the bolt into the carrier, it just seemed to be common sense to me to angle the bolt to where the extractor and ejector would throw the case out of the ejection port, not back into the receiver.

I learn something new almost everyday on this forum.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Guns aren't for everyone, some people should own pepper spray instead.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FN in MT View Post
    Dremel tools and ELECTRIC pencils of old...
    Contrary to common thought the $9.95 electric pencil does have a legitimate gunsmithing use.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    RE: Light Sabers

Unfortunately, there will be delays. The last shipment was batch-tested (contract called for individual inspection), and several of the activation assemblies were improperly-staked.

AC
    Well Frak...
    If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn
    Ok, I've got an El Camino full of rampage here, so what's the plan?

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I swear, firearms seem to attract stupid people. I've started working Saturdays again at the LGS where I've been on and off for the last 10 years part-time. The first couple weeks have been most entertaining. The shop has an attached indoor range, so we get to see lots of things "straight from the scene of the crime" so to speak.

2 wks ago:
    Customer is buying a bunch of ammo and has a couple 12-14 yr old boys with him. Says they're going out to the farm to do some shooting. The guy asks me for a box of 30-30, okay, no problem. Then he says, "Actually, the gun is a Winchester .32 Special, but I've been firing 30-30 in it for the last 25 years." I advise him that's probably a bad idea and he should purchase ammo designed to be fired in the weapon. I then head down to the other end of the counter to grab some 9mm he also wanted and while I'm away he tells another employee, "That jackass doesn't know what he's talking about. I've been shooting this gun like this for 25 years." The other employee informs him that I'm correct.

Last week:
    Customer comes in with a Taurus Judge and wants some .410 ammo to go on the range with. We ask him if he has 2.5" or 3" cylinder. He says he's pretty sure it's 3". We ask to see the gun to verify. He informs us that he knows what kind of gun he has and to give him the 3" shells...ok. 5 minutes later he comes out of the range complaining that the shells we gave him "broke his gun" and now the cylinder won't move.

Yep, 3" shell fired from 2.5" chamber = end of spent cartridge melted to inside of bore...

I can't wait see the first AR cluster!
    Semper Paratus Certified AR15 Armorer

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    I swear, firearms seem to attract stupid people. I've started working Saturdays again at the LGS where I've been on and off for the last 10 years part-time. The first couple weeks have been most entertaining. The shop has an attached indoor range, so we get to see lots of things "straight from the scene of the crime" so to speak.

2 wks ago:
    Customer is buying a bunch of ammo and has a couple 12-14 yr old boys with him. Says they're going out to the farm to do some shooting. The guy asks me for a box of 30-30, okay, no problem. Then he says, "Actually, the gun is a Winchester .32 Special, but I've been firing 30-30 in it for the last 25 years." I advise him that's probably a bad idea and he should purchase ammo designed to be fired in the weapon. I then head down to the other end of the counter to grab some 9mm he also wanted and while I'm away he tells another employee, "That jackass doesn't know what he's talking about. I've been shooting this gun like this for 25 years." The other employee informs him that I'm correct.

Last week:
    Customer comes in with a Taurus Judge and wants some .410 ammo to go on the range with. We ask him if he has 2.5" or 3" cylinder. He says he's pretty sure it's 3". We ask to see the gun to verify. He informs us that he knows what kind of gun he has and to give him the 3" shells...ok. 5 minutes later he comes out of the range complaining that the shells we gave him "broke his gun" and now the cylinder won't move.

Yep, 3" shell fired from 2.5" chamber = end of spent cartridge melted to inside of bore...

I can't wait see the first AR cluster!
    Amazing ! Some things just make you want to say- WTF!!!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    some people should not own firearms

Feedback Score

Re: Put down the Dremel!

Quote Originally Posted by thehun View Post
    some people should not own firearms
    Those same people shouldn't have kids,but they do. I guess the best we can hope for is they don't shoot anyone and their kids don't marry one of our kids.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    This thread made my day I gotta see if dremel guy started any threads on other sites bad talking C4

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast