Page 8 of 155 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread: WHAT IS YOUR EDC KNIFE?

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fringe View Post
    Rob,
    I agree, although I am more impressed by the Ritter Griptilian with the S30V. I, like you, thought it would be too much to carry, but after trying, I was hooked. The thing is so light, you just forget about it. There is a guy who sells his stuff on Moore Cutlery and he has G-10 grip kits for the Griptilian. I bought an orange one, although it was expensive, it really changed the knife. I am not sure yet if it was worth it.
    I have bought many other knives thinking I would find one better, but I just keep coming back to the Griptilians.
    You can buy Kevin Wilkins scales directly from him i nthe UK. They are not inexpensive.

http://www.wilkins-knives.com/gripti...ilikins_e.html

I would love to have a Mini-Grip with an S30V blade, no serrations, and tan G-10 handles... sigh.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by exitinyourhead View Post
    just a note to you griptillian owners, I snapped the tip off of my blade prying on something and it was bugging me so I asked my local guy what to do. He said send it into Benchmade with a note that you want the blade replaced and not reshaped.

I did that, they called right away to be sure that's what I wanted and it was 35 dollars including shipping (payed by cc over the phone)

Aparantly they will just sharpen it back to a point for you and that is cheaper (I meant to ask how much just for info purposes but forgot) My local guy said he's seen a bunch like that so I though i would pass it on to folks who didn't know.
    My buddy broke the tip off my grip at work, pics on page 1. I had pried out 3 marker lights with no prob, I let him borrow it, broke the tip and still didnt get the light out. I wasnt happy, but the knife had some age on it anyway. I thought I was gonna buy another, but never did. I finally broke out the grinder and reshaped the blade so it would have a sharp point. Still gets the job done. Only thing it needs is some loctite on the clip screws.
    Whenever I get another knife it will most definitely be a Benchmade with Axis lock. That is the quickest most simple lock a lefty handed man could ask for.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Spyderco Harpy, Merlin or cricket for me. The hawk-bill blades are excellent for cleaning hair off of vacuum cleaner rollers and the serrations are good for stripping wires. They are also good at dissembowling people, I hear.
    "We prepare, so we don't end up at the superdome"- unknown

"IMHO, if you wanted to shoot crap ammo, you should have bought a crap upper. It makes baby Jesus cry when he sees crap ammo put through a nice upper."- C4IGrant

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I carry two boker magnum auto's on my person everyday. One has a tanto blade with a 40/60 serration, and the other is just a straight blade. I picked them up on flea bay fairly cheap, and I beat the tar out of them. I keep a gerber in my bag for more detailed work. Whoever asked about the Infidel. It is a sweet piece. It may take a little honing out of the package, but it is a good to go piece of gear.

Feedback Score
    I carry the Benchmade 530. Super light, and has Axis-lock which is great. Whenever I lend it to someone they're always shocked at how light the knife is.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My current favorite utility folder and EDC is a Spyderco Manix.

Feedback Score
    At the office in my khakis I carry a Kershaw Vapor. On the weekends & in the evening I carry an Emerson Commander
    Last edited by Spade; 12-16-08 at 12:41.
    Joshua 1:9

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.

Feedback Score
    Emerson CQC-7A-BT for me.
    Last edited by Buckeye67; 12-15-08 at 19:55.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Emerson CQC7B

I carried an satin finished Emerson Commander that I de-waved for the last 4 or 5 years, but I always hated the liner lock, I wanted a frame lock. Sebenzas and Striders were nice but pricey, the ZT301 was cool but I hate assisted openers, and the Skirmish was too much like my Commander.

I found a Emerson CQC7 without the wave for just over a hundred bucks. I sent it to Phil aka Ferrrk on USN and had him do a frame lock conversion and replace the black G-10 with blaze orange G-10 with a matching spacer. For less then a Sebenza I got what I wanted, although it will probably go to Arkansas to see the grind monkey (Tom Krein), for a regrind.

Here are the pics I just snapped at my desk here at work.

Jon

"Orange is the new black" - me, 2008

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Wow, Jon, that is really nice!

I have a Mini-CQC-7A that I may get fixed like that. It looks really nice.

I like the "The hell it's yours!" orange handles, too.

Page 8 of 155 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast