Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Work In Progress: new F1/F4 guide for 41F submissions

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Your my hero.

Via trust if at all possible. Much obliged.

Feedback Score
    Alright...see if this helps.

Notes:
    1. The highlighted area on page 2 is skipped if you're applying as an entity. That info is handled on the 5320.23 (RPQ), which I also included below.
    2. The CLEO notified on the F1 is one having jurisdiction over the address in box 3b, and is the only one that gets a copy of the F1.
    3. The CLEO notified on the RPQ (not required for individual applications) is one having jurisdiction over the address in box 3a

The Form 1:

And then the RPQ:

Last edited by BigWaylon; 06-30-17 at 14:21.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWaylon View Post
    4a. Name and city, state engraved on firearm if modifying existing firearm. Your name and the city, state where firearm will be made if starting from scratch (for example, a Form 1 suppressor or an SBR using an 80% lower)
    The old Form 1 said "Name and Location of Original Manufacturer of Firearm". This new 41F Form 1 says "Name and Address of Original Manufacturer". Does anyone know for sure that the name, city and state are adequate for this section or do I need to fill in the complete address?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    The old Form 1 said "Name and Location of Original Manufacturer of Firearm". This new 41F Form 1 says "Name and Address of Original Manufacturer". Does anyone know for sure that the name, city and state are adequate for this section or do I need to fill in the complete address?
    They really want what's engraved, which is simply name & city/state on most firearms.

Feedback Score
    If that's what they really want on the new 41F Form 1, then why did they change the wording? Has anyone submitted with just the name & location and had the 41F Form 1 approved.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    If that's what they really want on the new 41F Form 1, then why did they change the wording? Has anyone submitted with just the name & location and had the 41F Form 1 approved.
    Read the instructions on the form. They still say "name and location". Nobody has a 41F form back.

There's no telling why they made that minor change. There's no telling why a lot of the forms are worded the way they are. For instance, why does the 5320.20 have "country" on the From side and "county" on the To side?

Feedback Score
    Thanks.

Feedback Score
    BigWaylon - Today I used your guide to send out my first Form 1 for an SBR. Hopefully my reading comprehension skills are as good as your guide. Thanks again for your efforts to assist and educate the rest of us.

Anyone happen to know if the $200 stamp is deductible on federal taxes? Long shot o know, but every bit helps!

Feedback Score
    BigWaylon your post was an enormous help. Thanks for posting that and for helping me on some other questions as of late.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kremtok View Post
    Anyone happen to know if the $200 stamp is deductible on federal taxes? Long shot o know, but every bit helps!
    It's not.

You could consider it part of the cost of you're working on a depreciation schedule for a corporation or something, but can't just claim the $200 on your individual taxes as a deduction.

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast