Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: 3 new Nightforce 1-8x announced

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    @furbyballer
    What's the battery life on useable illumination levels?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joeg26er View Post
    @furbyballer
    What's the battery life on useable illumination levels?
    Manual says 29 hours at full illumination.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    @furyballer

Since k16i can be had for about the same price, what are thoughts on how the NX8 compares? The extra 2x is a moot point for me and I would only range (if at all) at 6x with k16i so the FFP isn’t a needed feature either.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    FOV is a scope characteristic that is often overlooked in choosing a fighting LPV scope. But it really aids in shooting fast when things become fast and furious. The Kahles K16i has a 21.5 ft advantage in this category over the NX8, which is huge. Looking through both, the Kahles is also easier to get behind with a more generous eyebox on all its magnifications. Out to 350-400yds, I prefer the Kahles 16i, from around 400yds and out, the NX8's reticle and extra 2x magnification comes into its own.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    So range thoughts after about 400 rounds through each, not counting the ammo used to zero. From 3 yds to 300 yds today. Both with 100 yds zeroes.

Nx8: awesome, awesome little optic in a complete package. Everyone's whining about the tight eyebox either doesn't shoot alot or has forgotten just about all scopes before the vortex razor. It's useable all the way to 8x standing unsupported. Zoom ring is smooth and easy to move around. Illumination is perfect even in the gorgeous sunny day I had this morning in jax FL. If you have used a mk6 1-6 before that will give you an idea of your reticle when not illuminated. However, its definitely useable even without illumination. The giant 3 black posts draw your eye directly to your reticle. You can make fine precise hits with the fine reticle at 100 at 1x. Now here's the kicker, the glass is nxs glass. Clear but doesn't pop the colour out. Almost mattes out the vibrant colours I saw today since it was a beautiful sunny day. That is by far the biggest difference between the nx8 and the atacr. Brightness of the sight picture and clarity. Eye box is whatever if you know what you're doing.

Atacr: as I said previously, the best lpvo on the market currently by performance. Amazing colour contrast, clarity, turrets, eye box, eye relief, illumination. It's everything we've all been asking for in one package. If you're a glass snob, a shooter as a vocation, or someone who just wants the best this is it. Everything I said about the nx8 reticle rings true here as well. I took the atacr and the nx8 out to 300 yds today and was hitting my 8in popper. The wind holds were very helpful and well proportioned. The dot in the center of the reticle for both scopes is about 1.5 moa at 100 yds so you understand the scale.

Bottom line. If you don't need the dynamic reticle or the best glass money can buy, get the nx8. If you use guns alot you will appreciate the atacr as the pinnacle of current lpvo tech.

Rifles used in the test were my v7 12.5 LiAl sbr with the nx8 and my mega centurion arms 12.5 sbr with the atacr. Group below is the group I shot while zeroing the atacr. 77 grain imi 10 shot group at 100 shot prone with a magpod.

For those with the kahles. I agree for under 400 there is no need to jump to the nx8. I would say the nx8 is better in everyway than the mk6 1-6 However. I will not be getting rid of my kahles. I prefer the atacr over the kahles even with the decreased fov.

Last edited by Furbyballer; 03-06-18 at 11:56.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    @furbyballer

How would you say these two scopes compare to the Trijicon 1-8? Realizing the Trijicon is at a lower price point, of course.

Feedback Score
    Nice shooting and thank you for the write-up. I was waiting CC in hand for the next batch of NX8's, but now I'm thinking I'll save up for another half year and spring for the ATACR. Would also give me time to see if Vortex has an answer for 1-8x.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx_Aggie View Post
    @furbyballer

How would you say these two scopes compare to the Trijicon 1-8? Realizing the Trijicon is at a lower price point, of course.
    The reticle is proportioned better in the nx8, not nearly as thick at 8 power. The illumination is better and I would say the glass is slightly better. And then there is the 8oz difference and more than an inch shorter.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    The reticle is proportioned better in the nx8, not nearly as thick at 8 power. The illumination is better and I would say the glass is slightly better. And then there is the 8oz difference and more than an inch shorter.

Pretty much this, they arent even in the same league. Are you finding the reticle thickness to be a problem in the 2 nightforces? I thought the reticle was a bit thick at 8x in the NX8. Is it the same proportion in the ATACR?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Pretty much this, they arent even in the same league. Are you finding the reticle thickness to be a problem in the 2 nightforces? I thought the reticle was a bit thick at 8x in the NX8. Is it the same proportion in the ATACR?
    I found it to be more than adequate at hitting my 8in popper at 300. Haven't pushed it past that yet. My only complaint is that the dot is about 1.5 moa ish at 8 power so you won't be dotting I's with it. However the hold over stadia is thinner than the dot on both reticles and I did not have a problem holding on those.

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast