Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aero Precision AC-15 Carbine Complete $499 Thoughts?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    That being said for a couple hundred more you could get into a Colt 6920 or 6720

I'm not dogging Fuzzy-Reticle, I've seen these sentiments posted here before. And OP, I'm not putting you in the category of purchaser I'm about to describe, either.

Sometimes I'll say stuff like that and then remember back to the days where me and Wife #1 saved several months for a $99.00 black and white TV. At that point I was not even willing to consider saving another 3 months for one with a remote.

For some purchasers $200.00 is a deal breaker. On a 500.00 purchases 200.00 more is a 40% increase in price.

Can anyone quantify that a Colt is 40% more accurate, 40% more reliable, 40% longer lasting?

You have to balance intended use, your needs, and your willingness/ability to pay for whatever actual utility that extra 200.00 gives you.

Not aimed at you Fuzzy-Reticle, sorry for the rant.

And by the way, I ride Harley Davidson's, so I am aware that sometimes when you want a brand, you want a brand and are not necessarily concerned with the utility of the extra cost.
    I understand your point. Sometimes - very often these days - I've forgotten where I've came from. Rushing home because we couldn't afford the $100 car headlight repair bill and night was falling. Sure couldn't afford the ticket.

Butttttt this is M4C and the standards here are different. There is a mission statement and we have to abide by it. While Aero isn't CMT, for the type of shooting this forum stresses the $699 Colt 6920 is the target to shoot for. Let's not also forget that it is 2017 and $200 is not the same as it was in 1995 (or 1965 in your case ) How many people have $500+ cell phones on them? Nearly everyone...
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 09-20-17 at 11:44.

Feedback Score
    OK, I did not consider the Trooper into the equation. Thanks for all the input. I'm really looking for a traditional M4 with the FSB. To get that in a Colt 6920, the best deal I can find is at CDNN $799

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Let's not also forget that it is 2017 and $200 is not the same as it was in 1995 (or 1965 in your case )
    1973, thank you. We lived in Oceanside, on South Pacific, 3121/2 I believe, it was a garage converted into a studio apartment. As close to the beach as you could get in that area. It took all of our BAQ plus some. The landlady walked in on us screwing one time. It was great. We were dirt poor and loved it, even the Marine part.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I understand your point. Sometimes - very often these days - I've forgotten where I've came from. Rushing home because we couldn't afford the $100 car headlight repair bill and night was falling. Sure couldn't afford the ticket.

Butttttt this is M4C and the standards here are different. There is a mission statement and we have to abide by it.

While Aero isn't CMT, for the type of shooting this forum stresses the $699 Colt 6920 is the target to shoot for.

]Regarding the mission statement:

The purpose of M4Carbine.net is to provide a forum to share professional and technical information to the shooting community. The forum is open to military, law enforcement, and recreational shooters.

]But wait, it gets better:

Differences in opinion are quite common amongst the firearms industry, as there are few absolutes in this industry. And as a result, debates over preferences are common. We hope you use this forum to share and exchange ideas and not to win arguments. It is the bigger man that agrees to disagree without being disagreeable.

And finally:

Please do not post any comments that are intentional personal attacks against other members. (Including, but not limited to, name calling, comments of a racial, religious or sexual nature.) Debate is welcome and encouraged. Personal attacks, and name calling, serve no purpose in the exchange and debate of good information. Please be respectful to your fellow shooting enthusiasts whether they are new shooters or seasoned veterans.

Just thought you might like a quick review.

Didn't see anything discouraging discussions on utility versus price; mil-spec versus non mil=spec; or brands.

I read quick, but generally with fairly good comprehension, my apologies if I missed something.

Let's not also forget that it is 2017 and $200 is not the same as it was in 1995 (or 1965 in your case ) How many people have $500+ cell phones on them? Nearly everyone...
    1973, thank you. We lived in Oceanside, on South Pacific, 3121/2 I believe, it was a garage converted into a studio apartment. As close to the beach as you could get in that area. It took all of our BAQ plus some. The landlady walked in on us screwing one time. It was great. We were dirt poor and loved it, even the Marine part.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 09-20-17 at 14:26.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron_B View Post
    No dog in this fight as I own many AR 15's carbines pistols and one rifle from several manufacturers but at that price I would be all over that deal if I were in the market. I paid $599.99 for a complete 6933 upper alone.
    Married to my hero life saver best friend wife & proud father of 2.

BSmith "But, some of the shit falls under the "just because you can..."
    Iraqgunz "Enough of your nonsense. Please check yourself post haste."
    markm "If you like the side charger and see the lack of dust cover as a plus, you should double down on bad ideas and get a piston as well. A case of Independece Ammo will be the icing on the cake."

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay H View Post
    OK, I did not consider the Trooper into the equation. Thanks for all the input. I'm really looking for a traditional M4 with the FSB. To get that in a Colt 6920, the best deal I can find is at CDNN $799
    https://grabagun.com/colt-firearms-l...-16-w-kit.html

Colt OEM 1 model is $695, if that meets your budget and needs.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JRHorne View Post
    For the win !!!!!
    Married to my hero life saver best friend wife & proud father of 2.

BSmith "But, some of the shit falls under the "just because you can..."
    Iraqgunz "Enough of your nonsense. Please check yourself post haste."
    markm "If you like the side charger and see the lack of dust cover as a plus, you should double down on bad ideas and get a piston as well. A case of Independece Ammo will be the icing on the cake."

Feedback Score
    Yeah, I just found the Mexican marked 6920 (With carry handle) $699 on GB. You have to either be a Gold member $48 and get free shipping (Along with some trinkets) or pay $48 in shipping. Either way, this is what I've decided to do. That's a heck of a deal! Just the carry handle is $100.

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)

Aero Precision AC-15 Carbine Complete $499 Thoughts?

The trooper for $699 is a better deal than the Mexican or oem1

Or ac15 really since it come with quality rail already installed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jstalford; 09-20-17 at 17:55.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast