Page 12 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: E-Lander magazines

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by txbonds View Post
    Mine are marked 12 and closed also
    Maybe you've posted this already but do your closed slot mags take additional effort to seat?

I'll try mine this morning in a Colt.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PA PATRIOT View Post
    I have a butt load of Brit mag's that I replaced the springs and added a Magpul followers that have taken serious abuse at training courses and three gun matches and they are holding up nicely with 100% function.
    I too replaced the followers, but left the springs. No problems at all. One even had dented feed lips, but still runs perfectly.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Maybe you've posted this already but do your closed slot mags take additional effort to seat?

I'll try mine this morning in a Colt.
    I'll try it this weekend and get back to the thread.

Feedback Score
    Has there been a production change to the latest mags or are we looking at two different manufacturers for MAKO?

I received my latest mag order Monday and notice a difference in the magazine bodies. The mag on the right is stamped with a "10" near the base and appears to be pretty much a steel version of the USGI. All my previous mags have the open slot and the "10" stamp. The magazine on the left is stamped with a "12" and has a partially covered magazine catch slot like is found on the HK mag.

You guys who're just getting your mags; which version are you getting?

I received my 2 from Midway (still waiting on the ones I ordered direct from The Mako Group) and they are the kind on the right with the open mag slot and "10" stamp.

Would be interested to know if there is any functional differences between the styles since one of mine doesn't drop free from my Colt 6920.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Has there been a production change to the latest mags or are we looking at two different manufacturers for MAKO?

I received my latest mag order Monday and notice a difference in the magazine bodies. The mag on the right is stamped with a "10" near the base and appears to be pretty much a steel version of the USGI. All my previous mags have the open slot and the "10" stamp. The magazine on the left is stamped with a "12" and has a partially covered magazine catch slot like is found on the HK mag.

You guys who're just getting your mags; which version are you getting?

Mine marked 12/12 and are closed (picture on left). Is it just the pic or does the slot look higher on the closed version?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Markm,

Which springs and followers worked for you?. I got a couple of HK mags I need to fix. The spring seems to be weak and it will not feed the last round sometimes.

Thanks,
    RGGreen

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RioGrandeGreen View Post
    Markm,

Which springs and followers worked for you?.
    I've never replaced any Springs... I just buy the Magpul Followers.

I'd get USGI SS springs if I were in need.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks Markm,

I will try them. I read somewhere GI springs would not work on the HK mags. Hopefully this will work and I will have a couple of going.

RGGreen

Feedback Score
    Back during the ban years (1994-2004) I refurbished hundreds of GI mags. I used to buy Wolff Magazine Springs and they worked well, as well as replacing the black followers with the improved green ones. Later on I put in Magpul followers.

Never refurbed HK mags but I did some British Imperial Steel mags with Wolff Springs and green GI mags. It worked well. I believe Wolff is still in business.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    From the MAKO website:
    30 round E-Lander magazines are IN STOCK and we are receiving large shipments several times each week. Due to the overwhelming number of orders we are receiving on this product, we estimate orders will ship within 2 - 3 months. We are receiving magazine shipments daily, but we can only logistically ship so many magazines in any given day. Please do not contact us about the status of your order until at least 6 weeks after your order was placed. This applies to all orders placed after 1/16/13.
    Last edited by wetidlerjr; 01-18-13 at 21:54.

Bill Tidler Jr.

...We have long maintained that the only accessories that a 1911 needs are a trigger you can manage, sights that you can see, and a dehorning job. That still goes.
    ~Jeff Cooper

Page 12 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast