Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: First Suppressor - Sandman-S vs ? for 5.56

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Has Rugged released db numbers for the Micro 30 yet?
    Last edited by FlyingHunter; 01-12-18 at 10:40.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    Which charging handle are you using for this? I generally use raptors on everything.
    Nothing exotic, just a BCM. I keep thinking I should throw a standard charging handle in there just to see the difference.
    Open the pig!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joeg26er View Post
    How much louder is the sandman-K?
    It seems to to be pretty noticeable on an 11.5, less so on a 14.5. I will also mention that with bulk american eagle, the sandman k has quite the muzzle flash. Trying 77 grain magtech and 62 federal fusion virtually eliminated the muzzle flash to my mk1 mod 0 eyeball.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nate89 View Post
    It seems to to be pretty noticeable on an 11.5, less so on a 14.5. I will also mention that with bulk american eagle, the sandman k has quite the muzzle flash. Trying 77 grain magtech and 62 federal fusion virtually eliminated the muzzle flash to my mk1 mod 0 eyeball.
    Thanks, this is helpful.

This confirms my thought that the Sandman-K or shorter config for the Micro 30 wouldn't ever really get any use. I still don't see much reason to get the Razor over the Micro 30 at this point since having the capability doesn't hurt anything. It is nice to know I wouldn't be giving anything up with the Sandman-S though, which is definitely still where I'm leaning.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    Thanks, this is helpful.

This confirms my thought that the Sandman-K or shorter config for the Micro 30 wouldn't ever really get any use. I still don't see much reason to get the Razor over the Micro 30 at this point since having the capability doesn't hurt anything. It is nice to know I wouldn't be giving anything up with the Sandman-S though, which is definitely still where I'm leaning.
    I agree the sandman-s is a great way to go for general purpose. I got the k to use on longer barrels and when I would still have ears on, but wanted to take the edge off of the noise/concussion. I would not have wanted the K as my first can.

Feedback Score
    I have both the SandmanS and Razor762 and I can tell you my experience with both since those where originally in your plans.
    Both are very good and exceeded my expectations by a long shot. The Razor is lighter and shorter than the SandmanS but practically speaking the difference is negligible.
    What was very obvious to me and is the reason I keep the Razor on my bolt actions is the SandmanS performance. This can is about a half inch longer and a couple ounces heavier than the Razor. This might seem as a gain for the Razor to some but at 1/2 inch longer it has 5 baffles compared to 4 on the Razor. In my opinion this gives the SandmanS a huge performance advantage over the Razor.

I bought got the Razor before the SandmanS and was loving it on all my hosts. Didn't like the tone on my Grendel though. Now to be honest this was my very first experience with silencers, so I didn't have a standard to compare it to. Then enter the SandmanS. Immediately after the first shot,I noticed the back pressure difference. The attachment method, suppression at my ear, and tone... basically it is better in every way than the Razor.
    If I where to do it all over again, I'd get 2 SandmanS's and call it good. My 2cents.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MontePR View Post
    I have both the SandmanS and Razor762 and I can tell you my experience with both since those where originally in your plans.
    Both are very good and exceeded my expectations by a long shot. The Razor is lighter and shorter than the SandmanS but practically speaking the difference is negligible.
    What was very obvious to me and is the reason I keep the Razor on my bolt actions is the SandmanS performance. This can is about a half inch longer and a couple ounces heavier than the Razor. This might seem as a gain for the Razor to some but at 1/2 inch longer it has 5 baffles compared to 4 on the Razor. In my opinion this gives the SandmanS a huge performance advantage over the Razor.

I bought got the Razor before the SandmanS and was loving it on all my hosts. Didn't like the tone on my Grendel though. Now to be honest this was my very first experience with silencers, so I didn't have a standard to compare it to. Then enter the SandmanS. Immediately after the first shot,I noticed the back pressure difference. The attachment method, suppression at my ear, and tone... basically it is better in every way than the Razor.
    If I where to do it all over again, I'd get 2 SandmanS's and call it good. My 2cents.

How's the flash on the sandman s?

Feedback Score
    How's the flash on the sandman s?
    Only time I even noticed was on my 12" BCM with M193 FNB. Haven't shot in the dark yet with enough ammo to give you a solid answer. I'll say this though. After I experienced the SandmanS, I currently own 2 Mask HD's and a Ghost45M. I want to get the dedicated 9mm silencer they have that is optimized for 9mm carbine right now. That one looks sweet.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingHunter View Post
    Has Rugged released db numbers for the Micro 30 yet?
    Supposedly from some video reviews it's slightly quieter than the Razor

But since the "adapt" module screws into the cap, why can't one stack two adapt modules?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Supposedly from some video reviews it's slightly quieter than the Razor

But since the "adapt" module screws into the cap, why can't one stack two adapt modules?
    I believe Rugged said this would require a Form 1 since you would be creating a new suppressor.

I think they also optimize the adapt module for a specific can do you could run into alignment issues and get baffle strikes if you added extra.

I do feel like a package from them directly with the Micro plus two adapt modules would be an awesome package. Get whatever you want from Micro to full size all with one stamp.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast