Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: "John Wick 2" Glock 34

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911-A1 View Post
    I think the shotgun bits just illustrated how silly it is to have one in a fight when you could be carrying spare AR mags. It was just an excuse to show off his 3-gun shotgun reloads, but it slowed the sequence WAAAAY down.
    I agree that I would have forgone the shotgun and carried more ammo for the AR. But, it is just a movie which is purely for entertainment purposes and certainly this movie isn't meant to mirror real life at all. If a realism person wants to criticize the movie they could point out that Wick always seems to know when and from which direction the bad guys are going to show up. He must have wonderful hearing, especially with all the gunfire going off.

Still, good entertainment in my opinion.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Having the shotgun was also necessary for the sommelier scene.

I initially thought his glock in the film was a salient gun, but it looks like he used the same weapons in the film that he trained with at TTI. Still admirable for the effort put into it. Many films would not do this.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mgrs View Post
    Having the shotgun was also necessary for the sommelier scene.

I initially thought his glock in the film was a salient gun, but it looks like he used the same weapons in the film that he trained with at TTI. Still admirable for the effort put into it. Many films would not do this.
    Agree that Reeves and the production company took the time and extreme effort to really make the action scenes look great. Each fight scene was choreographed almost like a dance routine would be.

There are some videos on YouTube showing the preparation for filming the two John Wick movies. They brought in martial arts instructors for the physical fight scenes. It's hard to imagine many actors going through what Keanu Reeves did to get everything right for these two movie. I think he cleared his calendar for 3-4 months so he could work on the physical preparation and practice for the various fight scenes and gun handling during the first John Wick movie.

It will be interesting to see if there is a John Wick 3 and if Reeves will be the star. He was 50 years old when they filmed JW Chapter 2 and seemed to me to be just a tad slower than he was in the first John Wick movie.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

"John Wick 2" Glock 34

John should have stuck with HK. You could tell the crappy trigger was slowing his splits down.

Moving to gLoCk is why you see so much grappling in 2. Simply couldn’t hit shit with those $200 pistols.

Not many gLoCk pistols worth $400.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 12-02-17 at 08:12.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ACR_Scout View Post
    I thought the Accountant was a much better all-around movie than John Wick in terms of the acting and story. For the purposes of this discussion, I thought it was a more - dare I say it? - realistic portrayal of a skilled gunfighter without all the fancy showmanship of gun handling (press checks, reloads, etc). I’ve watched the Accountant several times now but don’t have much interest in watching the John Wick movies straight through again aside from just some of the fight scenes for entertainment.
    Thanks for the endorsement of the movie. Now I have to watch it.

Instagram: MuzzleblastMD

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkstr8 View Post
    Sidenote* Am I the only one who loved John Wick, but hated the sequel?!?
    you are in a world of you own, the sequel is amazing.
    John wick was a very big movie, gained recognition in many levels and made a lot of many for all involved, with the way the part 2 ended i wont be surprised if another is in production. i personally feel Glock 34 is a great pistol but its all blown out of proportion, if he use a Sig or Kimber or HK it also would be on must peoples bucket-list too

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    John should have stuck with HK. You could tell the crappy trigger was slowing his splits down.

Moving to gLoCk is why you see so much grappling in 2. Simply couldn’t hit shit with those $200 pistols.

Not many gLoCk pistols worth $400.
    Who is winning USPSA/IDPA/IPSC titles with HK pistols? HK didn't even have a pistol team just prior to the VP9 because nobody wanted to shoot their pistols in competition.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Wick 2 is a crap show. His bespoke slim fit bullet proof suit was more impressive than all of his guns combined; too bad it was fake.

HK did have a team before the VP9, they shot mostly DA/SA P30L. The team was disbanded a little before the official VP9 release.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I hate to be a Debbie Downer but anybody spending a grand on a Glock 34 because of John Wick 2 is on Crack.

In fact JW2 actually made me hate JW1.

Of all the guns in the world to Gucci, a G34 is not one of them. You would get far, far more out of adj sights than all the extra crap someone else would do that is pretty much snake oil.

But I'm not immune. I got a cheap PPK because of Goldeneye and will one day get a Makarov solely because I like the Cold War era.

Thats as far as I go.

Slightly OT but I actually like my PPK. I got a good one. I dont keep much .380 on me and rarely shoot it but From Russia With Love and Goldeneye were my favorite Bonds. I dont like the Daniel Craig ones and the Roger Moore's were SO BORING.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CDR_Glock View Post
    Someone said The Accountant was like John Wick. Is it worth watching?

I liked both John Wick movies.

They are totally different movies.

You need to watch both.

Quote Originally Posted by CDR_Glock View Post
    As for modifying for a movie model, I’d rather spend the extra $800 on 4000 rounds of 9 mm ammo.
    That's all I keep thinking.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast