Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where to get a Mass. Compliant Trigger Spring for the M&P.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Ok...first, I shaved yesterday, so while I might look a little scruffy, I'm not sure I'm Wookie-quality yet.

Second, my wife's from MA, and that's where all her family is. I was unwilling to move there (from Ohio) because I didn't want to leave behind my firearms (Glocks and ARs, mostly). She's recently graduated from school, so we're looking at moving; if MA is an option after all, I'd like to know.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jsebens View Post
    Ok...first, I shaved yesterday, so while I might look a little scruffy, I'm not sure I'm Wookie-quality yet.

Second, my wife's from MA, and that's where all her family is. I was unwilling to move there (from Ohio) because I didn't want to leave behind my firearms (Glocks and ARs, mostly). She's recently graduated from school, so we're looking at moving; if MA is an option after all, I'd like to know.
    Yes, bring them along, BUT, not any full-cap mags that are not pre Sept 13, 1994. Oh, and before you move here, buy more Glocks and never fire them. Especially G30's, G34, G35, G21SF, G26, G27 definately Gen 4 Glocks, too. You can do 4 private sales per year here on state FA-10 forms and for the G30, 21SF and Gen 4 Glocks, you'll be able to get $700+ each for them, with 10 round mags, of course.

I just sold a used Gen 2 G21 for $550, and a used G27 for another $550. If the G27 is MA "compliant", shops sell them for $750 used all day.

HK's bring big money here, too. Basically, anything you can't buy here, bring with you. People go crazy here paying outrageous prices for guns not because they are "better" than what we have, but because they are told they can't have them!

AR's, now that's a different story. If they are post-Sept 13, 1994, they can't have collapsable stocks, flash hiders or bayonet lugs, and their mags have to be 10 round or pre-ban. Basically, if it was legal during the ban, it's legal here now.

Hope this helps.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Yikes; thank you for the explanation/education. Sounds like it wouldn't quite be the disaster I had imagined, but it'd be hard to replace all the G19 and AR mags with old ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgleg44 View Post
    Yes, bring them along, BUT, not any full-cap mags that are not pre Sept 13, 1994. Oh, and before you move here, buy more Glocks and never fire them. Especially G30's, G34, G35, G21SF, G26, G27 definately Gen 4 Glocks, too. You can do 4 private sales per year here on state FA-10 forms and for the G30, 21SF and Gen 4 Glocks, you'll be able to get $700+ each for them, with 10 round mags, of course.

I just sold a used Gen 2 G21 for $550, and a used G27 for another $550. If the G27 is MA "compliant", shops sell them for $750 used all day.

HK's bring big money here, too. Basically, anything you can't buy here, bring with you. People go crazy here paying outrageous prices for guns not because they are "better" than what we have, but because they are told they can't have them!

AR's, now that's a different story. If they are post-Sept 13, 1994, they can't have collapsable stocks, flash hiders or bayonet lugs, and their mags have to be 10 round or pre-ban. Basically, if it was legal during the ban, it's legal here now.

Hope this helps.

Feedback Score
    When I left law enforcement for a private security job, I thought the same thing. All I had to do was post on a few different forums that I wanted to trade my LE marked and current production mags for pre-ban mags, one for one, with someone in a free state. You would be surprised at how many people were willing to help out.

I have 30+ pre-bans for my G19's, G17's, G22, G23's and G20. Most of those were traded, one for one, online for my old restricted mags. Same goes for AR mags. I have 50+ pre-ban USGI, Thermold and Orlite mags kicking around that I traded for.

Where in MA is your wife from? E. Mass or W. Mass. They are like two completely different states. Out West where I live, LTC's, and even "Green Cards" (license to possess a machinegun) are easy to obtain in most towns. Out east, it's a different story.

Yikes; thank you for the explanation/education. Sounds like it wouldn't quite be the disaster I had imagined, but it'd be hard to replace all the G19 and AR mags with old ones.
    Last edited by Hawgleg44; 07-11-10 at 14:38.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    You'd lose the ARs, too...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    You'd lose the ARs, too...
    Why? Yes, if they are post-ban, you would have to modify them, but if you sold them, that would be your choice. Personally, I have five AR's, and have owned 7 others in the past. Some pre-ban, some post-ban in legal configuration.
    Last edited by Hawgleg44; 07-11-10 at 17:47.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Instead of moving to The Land of the Kennedys, have you thought about moving to New Hampshire instead? You'd be decently close to the family in Mass and keep your guns as is. Win-Win!
    Last edited by Avenger29; 07-11-10 at 21:06.
    I'm no expert, but I took my CCW course at a Holiday Inn Express

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Not to derail the derail... lol... but I got my springs from Mike Larocca, at Larocca Gun Works. Called him up, asked him if he had any, and he sent them right out after giving him the payment info. Super nice guy, very willing to help.
    "Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again." - Ronald Wilson Reagan, 40th President of the United States

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenger29 View Post
    Instead of moving to The Land of the Kennedys, have you thought about moving to New Hampshire instead? You'd be decently close to the family in Mass and keep your guns as is. Win-Win!
    Yes, a much better idea. If they are from W. Mass, Vermont is a better choice (I've been looking at houses there since I work in Vermont), and if E. Mass, NH would work better for you. And, you can have supressors in NH, unlike MA and VT.
    Last edited by Hawgleg44; 07-11-10 at 22:09.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    NH is our first choice...but if she ends up with a 1hr+ commute from NH to work, it's probably not ideal. I'd like to be in/near Nashua.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgleg44 View Post
    Yes, a much better idea. If they are from W. Mass, Vermont is a better choice (I've been looking at houses there since I work in Vermont), and if E. Mass, NH would work better for you. And, you can have supressors in NH, unlike MA and VT.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12