Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom glock backplates, distraction?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Custom glock backplates, distraction?

I've never noticed this before, but I was thinking about adding a custom backplate to a G19 and my buddy handed me his. Does anyone find that it is kind of distracting? The second I draw and align the gun my eyes are not drawn to the front sight but rather the image on the back plate. Has anyone ever noticed this? It's safe to say I'm going to avoid adding one.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I've handled one with a punisher skull. I found it distracting as well. It's an upgrade I won't do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I couldn't believe how badly it drew my eye.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I picked up a used G17 that has a skull on it. Never notice it while I'm shooting. Couldn't care less either way

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I think for me target shooting it would be fine, but drawing from concealment and aiming with any speed I just locked right into the backplate. If it were subdued it wouldn't be an issue for me, but man my eye tracks right into the white of it.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Nobody thinks that it's just lame?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Well it's purely for looks, so everyone's tastes vary. I could do without ever seeing another punisher skull though. That said if it takes away from function, it's a no go for me.

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    They're dumb on three levels. One, they cost money to replace an OEM part that works with pretty much 100% reliability, two, they pull your eye off the front sight, and three they aren't going to help in a courtroom, should it ever come to that. Upside?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yeah, I wasn't going to do a death dealer back plate. I wanted a cheeseburger one haha. No court would convict.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I personally think they are ****ing stupid. Just above the morons who want to port the things with Dewalts and polish the slide to a mirror shine removing all of the factory finish.

And before anyone decides to jump me here, I am all for personal style/color choice. FDE, OD green, or what have you. But some things just exude the wrong vibe to me and as has already been stated, it serves no purpose. Painting or color furniture can be articulated to have a practical purpose.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast