Thread: I have an hour to move on some NOS Trijicon SRS- yay or nay?

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)

I have an hour to move on some NOS Trijicon SRS- yay or nay?

I have an opportunity to purchase a LGS inventory of new old stock Trijicon sealed reflex sights (1.75 MOA) they have been sitting on his shelves for a long time. I can buy 6 for $2300 or I can buy all 6 and additional 3 trijicon reflex with 6.5 moa amber for $3000 total but I have till 6pm central. Yay or Nay?

Are these good optics? Ive seen them priced between $900- $1050? Are they still made? Are they worth a shit?
    Last edited by elephant; 06-01-18 at 16:40.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I've looked through one - it's a big, bulky, expensive RDS.

If you offer me one for $500, I'd buy an Aimpoint Pro.

At $400 I might take a leap of faith, but then again I might still buy an Aimpoint Pro.

I'd pass at those prices. Why else do you think the LGS is dumping them???

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Oh, the other thing I just remembered -

Illumination adjustment is on both sides of the SRS - one side for more illum (+), one side for less(-). So it's pretty much impossible to change the illum while keeping the weapon shouldered.

So it would be a solid PASS for me.

Feedback Score
    I’d pass on those. With the speed of red dot optic development those are pretty much antiquated. I’ve looked at one and the glass was nice and the dot was crisp, but the same can be said for several current red dots that cost less, weigh less, and have better user ergonomics.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The SRS is an interesting optic. Big cons vs other options----weight/cost. Biggest pro----the clearest glass of any RDS I've ever used. It's also got an interesting illumination system which for some can either be a pro or a con. They're good to go though; just whether it's "worth it" or not is up to you.

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    I've looked through one - it's a big, bulky, expensive RDS.

If you offer me one for $500, I'd buy an Aimpoint Pro.

At $400 I might take a leap of faith, but then again I might still buy an Aimpoint Pro.

I'd pass at those prices. Why else do you think the LGS is dumping them???
    I went ahead a got them, only paid $3400k for all 6 plus I got some other stuff. I got 2 eotech 552/553 and g23 magnifiers, a couple geissele mk2 rails, older gen 1 pmags, some older novekse marked rails and accessories, older surefire millennium lights and little stuff here and there. This particular LGS is in the process of switching buying groups and remodeling his whole store. His dad owns the store but he is now running it and wants to modernize and re organize.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    I went ahead a got them, only paid $3400k for all 6 plus I got some other stuff. I got 2 eotech 552/553 and g23 magnifiers, a couple geissele mk2 rails, older gen 1 pmags, some older novekse marked rails and accessories, older surefire millennium lights and little stuff here and there. This particular LGS is in the process of switching buying groups and remodeling his whole store. His dad owns the store but he is now running it and wants to modernize and re organize.
    So what did you do? Go into the dated AR parts business? I hope it pans out for you. You said $3400k. I assume you meant 3.4k or $3,400. 3,400 bucks won't get a small store painted much less modernised. Whatever that means. You bought stuff for 50 cents on the dollar that he couldn't sell for 50 cents on the dollar. I really do wish you the best of luck coming out whole.

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    So what did you do? Go into the dated AR parts business? I hope it pans out for you. You said $3400k. I assume you meant 3.4k or $3,400. 3,400 bucks won't get a small store painted much less modernised. Whatever that means. You bought stuff for 50 cents on the dollar that he couldn't sell for 50 cents on the dollar. I really do wish you the best of luck coming out whole.
    This was a gun store with an attached gun smith/machine shop. You would be surprised how many people are "back dating" there guns. I got this stuff from people who wanted the newest and would buy a KAC with a URC 3.1 and have the smith swap it our for a URX 4 keymod rail the same day. Or buy a Noveske with a KX3 flaming pig and swap it out for a AAC51T or warcomp, over time, there collection grows and they would rather sell to one buyer than put on floor to sell over time. I give some things away on PIF but I have keep most of it. I just sold an out of production Geissele MK2 13" rail on Ebay for $400, it cost me maybe $120. Now that DD has stopped manufacturing the MK18 rail, I will eventually sell all my brand new, sealed MK18 rails and make some money. There's always someone looking for something. And I love the 2003-2011 era.