Thread: Sig threaded barrel suggestions

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Sig threaded barrel suggestions

I'm looking to hook-up a suppressed 9mm Sig and was curious as to anyones thoughts on going non-OEM on the barrel choice. The SILENCERCO barrel looks appealing and considering the fact I will be shooting one of their cans seems like a good selection. Anyone have any fit or function problems you would like to share before I make my purchase?

Feedback Score
    I am a Silencerco fanboy (Saker 762 and 556) but at $220 I would rather go with a KKM threaded barrel for a few bucks more. I think the KKM is $230.

I was shopping for a barrel last year before I got my Ti-Rant 9mm. I asked Greg at Glockmeister who made the best threaded barrel, he said that he sells the Storm lake but KKM makes a great barrel. When I asked Liberty Suppressors (I have a Mystic too) they were very non committal and said any of the commercially available barrels were fine.

I would advise against the factory Glock threaded barrels, most suppressors come with a 1/2x28 right handed thread, so the 13.5x1 left handed will require buying another $80 adapter. Most of the 9mm threaded handguns on the market use 1/2x28

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Having recently been looking at a factory-threaded barrel for my folded-slide P220, I gotta ask - is there any reason against non-OEM?
    Sent from the future using Squid Telepathy

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    If we could control all the variables, we'd just put all the bad luck on our enemies and stay home.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dionysusigma View Post
    Having recently been looking at a factory-threaded barrel for my folded-slide P220, I gotta ask - is there any reason against non-OEM?
    My only issue is that they're charging KKM prices for a standard barrel. Sig factory barrels are good, and plenty accurate, but like most things Sig (and I have a few, not just a hater) they really charge a premium for their name being on it.

To the OP, you'll be happy with the SilencerCo barrel, but I would be waiting until the next sale to pick it up if you're buying from SiCo, as they've always got one for major holidays. Fathers day in two weeks or the fourth of July in a month and a half and you'll probably be saving 15-20%.
    Last edited by _Stormin_; 06-03-18 at 07:34.
    "SEND IT" happens to be my trigger words...

Feedback Score
    I went with a Sig factory threaded barrel. Little did I know that would greatly limit me on Glock barrels without getting a new end cap for my can. Factory barrel is LH threads and "most" aftermarket ones that I was looking at for my glock are standard. I finally decided on a AAC barrel for my G19 so I didn't have to change end caps on my can (and spend another 150-200 for said end cap).

I also wanted to shoot reloads so that threw out the glock factory barrel. And storm lake stuck out further than I wanted...

Feedback Score
    KKM makes fantastic barrels.
    Bar-sto has a good rep as well.

I could see going with something else if accuracy is not critical and its half the price, but most people are selling barrels around or over $200, so why not get improved accuracy with KKM?

I do not recommend storm lake.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Non OEM are typically fine functionally. Barrels are not that difficult to make and are not high tech per se. Just buy a well known brand and you should be fine. I have gone OEM and non OEM with good results for threaded barrels.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well with Fathers Day sales going on I picked up a SilencerCo for $148.00 free shipping. Thanks for the input everyone!