Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mossberg 590 Shockwave

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    There's still the grip angle of the shockwave, and smaller top-to-bottom dimension compared to a "common" scattergun pistol grip, that I find appealing.

I've shot a tube of #8 and 00 through a PGO Persuader, and it didn't feel all that good - but hip-firing (I know, I know... I was 18 and had never fired a real gun before that day) a standard stock was much more comfortable.

All I'm saying is that overall length is important, but width (such as a carry pistol) and height shouldn't be disregarded. A PGO shotgun with a slim and narrow profile has its uses and I'm just wondering if even if my state won't allow a <18" barrel, the Shockwave grip still has merit, limited though that merit may be.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBossman View Post
    Its not a "fighting shotgun", but it doesn't appear as useless as one would think. I'm thinking of getting one, semi-compact and handy, definitely requires technique...

Fantastic video....a "must watch" for anyone considering buying a Shockwave.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OrlandoJones View Post
    Fantastic video....a "must watch" for anyone considering buying a Shockwave.
    I don't think so. His heads up push the gun technique takes too much time to get a sight picture. Anyone but a clutz should be able hit center mass on an IPSC target 10-15 feet away from a low ready position in much less time.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    I don't think so. His heads up push the gun technique takes too much time to get a sight picture. Anyone but a clutz should be able hit center mass on an IPSC target 10-15 feet away from a low ready position in much less time.
    Post a video of you doing it so we all benefit from your wisdom on the subject.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    I put a Shockwave on my 18.5 barrel and have tried to wring it out well. To aim accurately, I think Clint Smith's advice and approach is certainly well recommended. There may be a place for the "speed rock", waist level type type of aiming a Shockwave gun, but it did not seem sufficiently accurate to me.

Sighting down the barrel strikes me as more responsible should I have a social use as well, as in more likely to strike the target. At 15 yards, Federal flight control low recoil 00 had a three inch pattern out of a cylinder barrel. My opinion is that narrow of a pattern demands a fairly precise aiming. I did find several other loads open up more significantly than the flight control, but I will not be hip firing those either.

I do picture myself as a 1980's action star when firing from the hip and I have a danger zone that fans out like a claymore.
    Last edited by HardToHandle; 05-24-17 at 20:30.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Does this have a better utility for defense than good training and practice with a handgun of the user's choice?
    Sent from the future using Squid Telepathy

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    If we could control all the variables, we'd just put all the bad luck on our enemies and stay home.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dionysusigma View Post
    Does this have a better utility for defense than good training and practice with a handgun of the user's choice?
    I guess that depends on the situation, I bought mine to take camping. It's hard to beat the lethality of a shotgun.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Might make a good bear gun.
    Earth has always been a dangerous place to live, be prepared!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dionysusigma View Post
    I'd love to have a Shockwave, but Oklahoma Law prevents it without NFA paperwork.
    Would that same law make something like a Taurus Judge illegal in Oklahoma?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4thPointOfContact View Post
    Would that same law make something like a Taurus Judge illegal in Oklahoma?
    Judges have a semi-rifled bore, if I remember right. It's seen as a .45LC revolver that "just so happens" to fit .410.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast