Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 16" SPR

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    Why the KNS pins??? Unless the lower receiver is out of spec and the pins walk, these are worthless.
    When I replaced the trigger I had in it with the Geissele SSA, the first time at the range, the hammer pin starting walking out. I had not had that problem with the other pins. Installed the KNS pins, since I already had them on-hand, to omit any problem. I use to have that lower on my Mk12 Mod 0 build and had a LMT 2-stage trigger installed. No issues then.
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    If the pins walked with your SSA it means it wasn't installed correctly.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    If the pins walked with your SSA it means it wasn't installed correctly.
    Or the lower is out of spec.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Or the lower is out of spec.

Or it is very old with a very high round count. That is why I have a set on one of mine.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    Or it is very old with a very high round count. That is why I have a set on one of mine.
    What kind of round count?

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Not really sure but I have had it for about 18 years and I would guess in the area of 50k or higher on that one. All parts have been replaced three times.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    Not really sure but I have had it for about 18 years and I would guess in the area of 50k or higher on that one. All parts have been replaced three times.
    Holy shit.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Holy shit.

I know......I should shoot more.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks, everyone.

I still haven't gotten it zeroed. I've had it out to the range a few times but it was with other people and we were shooting for fun and I didn't want to shoot up my good ammo (CBC 77gr SMK).

I have a box of Fiocchi 77gr SMK, Hornady 75gr TAP (80265), Federal TRU 55gr Hi-Shok SP (T223A, was KCPD load a few years ago), and 10 rounds of Hornady 55gr Z-MAX that I'll shoot for groups the next time I get a chance. It's been too windy the past couple days, also the Royals have been playing.
    People start out wanting to do shooting as a hobby and it ends up their hobby is actually buying and operating expensive tools. Doesn't make sense when you think about it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnson View Post
    Thanks, everyone.

I still haven't gotten it zeroed. I've had it out to the range a few times but it was with other people and we were shooting for fun and I didn't want to shoot up my good ammo (CBC 77gr SMK).

I have a box of Fiocchi 77gr SMK, Hornady 75gr TAP (80265), Federal TRU 55gr Hi-Shok SP (T223A, was KCPD load a few years ago), and 10 rounds of Hornady 55gr Z-MAX that I'll shoot for groups the next time I get a chance. It's been too windy the past couple days, also the Royals have been playing.
    Noob question here: since both your CBC and the Fiocchi are using the same Sierra 77gr bullet, won't they shoot the same?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast