Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Minis

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    It's a tough call since the KAC QDC CQB is about 1/4" shorter than the SF mini.
    KAC 2015 catalog has the CQB listed at 5", same length as the Surefire Mini, where are you getting that it's 1/4" shorter from? I can't imagine it being shorter than 5", especially considering it mounts to the MAMS, but I will say 5" is a very short can either way.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Double tap...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    KAC 2015 catalog has the CQB listed at 5", same length as the Surefire Mini, where are you getting that it's 1/4" shorter from? I can't imagine it being shorter than 5", especially considering it mounts to the MAMS, but I will say 5" is a very short can either way.
    The 556 QDC CQB is listed at 4.78" on KAC's website:

http://www.knightarmco.com/5-56-rifle-suppressors/

The 556 mini is listed at 5" on SF's website:

http://www.surefire.com/socom556-mini.html

I'm working today, but can measure my QDC CQB when I get home to verify and see how much is mount vs tube.
    Last edited by Sensei; 08-22-15 at 13:51.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Is a direct thread Mini a smart thing? I have the antithesis of mini's, an AAC Cyclone, however its very effective with a 300 Blk. It's direct thread and has given me zero problems. So - is a direct thread mini a viable replacement option?
    Politician's Prefer Unarmed Peasants

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    The 556 QDC CQB is listed at 4.78" on KAC's website:

http://www.knightarmco.com/5-56-rifle-suppressors/

The 556 mini is listed at 5" on SF's website:

http://www.surefire.com/socom556-mini.html

I'm working today, but can measure my QDC CQB when I get home to verify and see how much is mount vs tube.
    Weird, they had 5" listed in the 2015 catalog, I too worked all day, I can measure my mini tomorrow as well see what the real deal length is.

Feedback Score
    My QDC CQB is measuring out to about 4.8 inches. Of that, about 1" is the mount.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    If sound is the determining point, the CQB is going to disappoint.
    KAC cans are built with durability and robustness as the goal, with shift and shift repeatability as the prime performance aspect.

From Tapatalk:
    Jack Leuba
    Knight's Armament Company: Military/Govt Product Liaison
    F2S Consulting: Director of Shooting Stuff
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    If sound is the determining point, the CQB is going to disappoint.
    KAC cans are built with durability and robustness as the goal, with shift and shift repeatability as the prime performance aspect.

From Tapatalk:
    Jack Leuba
    "Durability and robustness" is a good goal... in a very expensive, federally registered product.

"Shift repeatability" is a good performance aspect to shoot for... not that it matters much at the close range most suppressors (ones named CQB) are likely to be used at.

For a company who makes suppressors to say that their sound (why people buy suppressors) "is going to disappoint" does not instill confidence.

PR guy didn't do his (her) job right.

As a suppressor novice looking for my first can, and all these internet claims are confusing. So much research is needed to make a good choice on such an expensive product that I won't get to use for months after buying.
    Last edited by daddyusmaximus; 08-23-15 at 22:57.
    You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    The small volume suppressors cannot meet their larger volume brothers on suppression, thus, if suppression is the prime factor in the choice, it's the wrong choice.
    If somebody said that they wanted to haul lumber, and I told them that a motorcycle is a bad choice, I don't think that I'd be a bad motorcycle salesman. In this case, I'd recommend one of the QDC suppressors, there is a reason that we make multiple options.

When it comes to NFA items, intent and desire need to balance against reality. I maintain a much happier user base by being direct abd honest about performance and expectation, and meeting their needs.

I've been a member, IP, and moderator here well before my current employment. I bring the same directness and honesty as always.

From Tapatalk:
    Jack Leuba
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    My QDC CQB is measuring out to about 4.8 inches. Of that, about 1" is the mount.
    Measured my Surefire Mini last night, it's shorter than 5" as well, about 4.875". Now the full size RC is dead on Surefire's claim on 6.2", I measured that is well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast