Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Magazines

Feedback Score
    Another vote for Kimber Pro-Tac, which I prefer to Wilson. In my 1911, the Wilsons often failed to lock my slide back when empty. No issues with the Kimber magazines.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    All my mags have Tripp 7 round kits in them. If I need to pick up some new bodies, I'll most likely grab the Power 8's or Tripp 8 rounders. The Wilson followers seem to just crap out too early and I like the power and life of the Tripp springs.
    - Jeff

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    Had good luck with the 1911 Elite Tactical Magazine, .45 ACP HD/+P, Full-Size, 8 Round flatwire units. Worth the money

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Any date for the release of Vickers mags with lo-pro floor plates?
    "Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day."

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinspeed View Post
    Paying $50 for a 1911 mag is a joke, you're paying $20 for the mag and $30 for the "cool" marketing.
    So you are sure that Wilson Combat has no additional investment in the manufacturing process for the mag body or the base plate? No additional cost to supply the flatwire spring, or the sand cut followers? I will agree that there is probably some $$ built into the price for the Vickers Tactical branding, but I doubt that it is $30 worth. If they were just selling you a re-branded $20 magazine, why not just add $10 to the price and sell them for $30, they would sell a whole lot more of them and make even more money. There are way more potential customer who would by a "special" magazine that cost $20 less. Pretty simple microeconomics.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbieler View Post
    All my mags have Tripp 7 round kits in them. If I need to pick up some new bodies, I'll most likely grab the Power 8's or Tripp 8 rounders. The Wilson followers seem to just crap out too early and I like the power and life of the Tripp springs.
    Same.My Wilsons all have Tripp internals now. For the money, i just don't see myself trying the new Vickers/WC mags when Tripp have proven themselves to go beyond my expectations

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Wilson ETMs work in my DW without issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Kimber 8 round and mec gar 10 round for my springfield

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I carry the Tripp Research magazines in all my 1911s. Used them on duty and have yet to have a magazine related failure. Tried the Wilson 47s but found after a high round count, the engagement surface for the slide stop became deformed and would not reliably activate the last round hold open function. That being said, Tripps are pricey, but are inline with the top of the line out there. But use what works for you and your gun.

Feedback Score
    For my two 1911s I use original colt mags ,kimber mags and mecgar..

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast