Page 37 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast

Thread: New Noveske NSR rail!

Feedback Score
    Ok Stick - I created a thread for the STS HERE

It's got nothing there, so please fill it up with pics. Thanks for all of your support and valuable info!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by og556 View Post
    I hope they do make a KeyMod VFG. The VFG and light are the only reasons I would need rail sections.
    There are a lot more KeyMod products being worked on that are not public yet. I expect to see a KeyMod VFG.

The most overlooked feature on the NSR handguard are the ribs that run on the inside. They increase rigidity, increase barrel nut contact, but most importantly for this topic are designed to fit the MOE rail section backing plates.

While a MOE rail section lacks the front mounting, non-removable mounting hardware, self aligning, and recoil lug of our KeyMod rail section it's a very cost effective option to mount something like a VFG that won't be moved/removed much.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Todd,

Even if it's just a guesstimate at this point, what would be the weight savings of a 9" Keymod VIS over a 9" standard VIS?

Also will the Keymod version come at a lower price point (when comparing the two models of the same length)?

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    There are a lot more KeyMod products being worked on that are not public yet. I expect to see a KeyMod VFG.

The most overlooked feature on the NSR handguard are the ribs that run on the inside. They increase rigidity, increase barrel nut contact, but most importantly for this topic are designed to fit the MOE rail section backing plates.

While a MOE rail section lacks the front mounting, non-removable mounting hardware, self aligning, and recoil lug of our KeyMod rail section it's a very cost effective option to mount something like a VFG that won't be moved/removed much.
    Yes. The 5-slot MOE polymer rail piece is absolutely perfect for the Tango Down VFG's, for instance. Also, if you're a pull n tuck into the shoulder, or a push out on the VFG kinda shooter, you can "position" the rail section accordingly, within the NSR holes, and the thing will not move. Works great, is light and strong. The MOE sections have a large, soft bevel on their edges, which means perfect ergonomics up against the smooth rail.

Only issue with the MOE rails vs the KeyMod railsmight be in proximity with the bottom of the gas block. In that situation, just get the Noveske KeyMod rail section.
    Last edited by Brahmzy; 06-11-12 at 12:35.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I don't want to start a new thread just in case this has already been answered, but I don't remember seeing it anywhere.

Anyone have any idea what the process would be like to switch my VIS to an NSR? I don't have any tools and am not very mechanically inclined, so I'd like to have someone else do it for me. Any ideas of who could do it? I want the anti-rotational pin and everything, so IIRC that would have to be drilled. And I think someone mentioned cutting a section of the handguard so the SWB will fit and the rail will extend out past it (like the low-pro Noveske handguards). Does this all sound too much or highly cost ineffective?
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I don't want to start a new thread just in case this has already been answered, but I don't remember seeing it anywhere.

Anyone have any idea what the process would be like to switch my VIS to an NSR? I don't have any tools and am not very mechanically inclined, so I'd like to have someone else do it for me. Any ideas of who could do it? I want the anti-rotational pin and everything, so IIRC that would have to be drilled. And I think someone mentioned cutting a section of the handguard so the SWB will fit and the rail will extend out past it (like the low-pro Noveske handguards). Does this all sound too much or highly cost ineffective?
    Give Noveske a call - I'm sure they'd be happy to do it. Probably are doing those upgrade for customers right now, actually. Might be a wait involved...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I don't have any info on the weight or price for the KeyMod VIS yet.

I would definitely look at the cost of converting vs selling what you have and buying what you want. To convert the VIS you will only reuse the barrel, gas block, gas tube, and BCG.

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    Todd that is really good news about the VFG.

Does Noveske plan on dedicating a part of their website to NSR KeyMod accessories ?

It is also interesting that the MOE attachments would work on the NSR. Does this mean MOE VFG be mounted to an NSR Rail ?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    I don't have any info on the weight or price for the KeyMod VIS yet.

I would definitely look at the cost of converting vs selling what you have and buying what you want. To convert the VIS you will only reuse the barrel, gas block, gas tube, and BCG.
    That's what I was thinking, especially since my upper only has 1,300 or so rounds through it.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by og556 View Post
    It is also interesting that the MOE attachments would work on the NSR. Does this mean MOE VFG be mounted to an NSR Rail ?
    The MOE vert grip has lugs to fit the small slots in the MOE HG, it won't fit the KeyMod without trimming them. It only has one screw, and without a lug it has nothing to keep it from rotating.

Page 37 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast