Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shield triggers

Feedback Score
    fwiw i also replaced the sear only in my 9mm Shield. Mine breaks at 5 lbs....all the improvement i needed. Used Apex sear'

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I put the Apex trigger in my Shield 9mm. Love it.

If you're on the fence, the decision to get more ammo for the G43 may very well be the right one. You may be looking to solve a problem that doesn't exist.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I bought a shield when they first came out and the triggers were horrible. I put the full APEX in and have been very happy. I dont want a 3 lb trigger nor did I get one. Put trij HD sights and carry more than any gun.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm not into fidgeting with guns, cars, or anything else for that matter. Either it comes how I like it or I have no interest in it. And generally speaking I have no interest in guns outside of shooting them. Don't even like changing grips or hand guards on my ARs

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I bought a shield when they first came out and the triggers were horrible. I put the full APEX in and have been very happy. I dont want a 3 lb trigger nor did I get one. Put trij HD sights and carry more than any gun.

PB
    Wife is picking her shield up today, I'll test it out and see how it works and if she likes it stock, but I'll look at the APEX triggers. I don't want a 3lb trigger either, for her or me so that is worth looking at.
    Anyone have mag extenders? I was reading about the Hyve ones a bit and those seem like a nice option.

Arik, I'm with you on that, I don't generally tinker with something and I will only fix what's broken, but I've started upgrading some of my springs and parts, and changing triggers has me on the fence. Sometimes I think a design is just at that 85% mark short of perfect, but I've gotten to be more open to tinkering now. I hate most knives on the market and won't ever pay $300-500 for some tacticool junk, so I started making my own knives to be what I need and want out of my own design. I can't make my own guns in the same capacity so tinkering and testing parts and upgrades has become the next best thing.

To each his own I guess, but I understand exactly what you're saying.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunMiddie View Post
    Wife is picking her shield up today, I'll test it out and see how it works and if she likes it stock, but I'll look at the APEX triggers. I don't want a 3lb trigger either, for her or me so that is worth looking at.
    Anyone have mag extenders? I was reading about the Hyve ones a bit and those seem like a nice option.

Arik, I'm with you on that, I don't generally tinker with something and I will only fix what's broken, but I've started upgrading some of my springs and parts, and changing triggers has me on the fence. Sometimes I think a design is just at that 85% mark short of perfect, but I've gotten to be more open to tinkering now. I hate most knives on the market and won't ever pay $300-500 for some tacticool junk, so I started making my own knives to be what I need and want out of my own design. I can't make my own guns in the same capacity so tinkering and testing parts and upgrades has become the next best thing.

To each his own I guess, but I understand exactly what you're saying.
    The shield comes with one short mag and one with an extender. I only run the extended mags. The main feature I desired in the shield was it to be thinner. Not shorter barrel or grip.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    The shield comes with one short mag and one with an extender. I only run the extended mags. The main feature I desired in the shield was it to be thinner. Not shorter barrel or grip.

PB
    That's what I've gathered so far, the 7 round mag has some issues supposedly? I found some more 8 round mags yesterday at PSA, $19 new on sale. Any experience with the +2 extenders to add onto an 8 round mag?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunMiddie View Post
    That's what I've gathered so far, the 7 round mag has some issues supposedly? I found some more 8 round mags yesterday at PSA, $19 new on sale. Any experience with the +2 extenders to add onto an 8 round mag?
    No, i didn't know anything about those mags. I've never had any reliable issues. i just took my Shield out last week and shot a box each of Federal HST in 124+p, 135 bonded +p and 147 grain loads. Also shot some Speer gold dots to really run it through the paces with hot home defense ammo. I did it with all my carry guns and it is amazing how much hotter those loads are than range ammo.

PB

Feedback Score
    My wife and I both carry Shield 9's. I just bought a third one because I like them a lot, and let's face it, with the rebates, they are a tremendous amount of carry gun for the money.
    The stock trigger on all three suits me just fine for EDC, and we have not had one malfunction of any kind, with a variety of ammo types. Mine don't care whether you use the 7 or 8 Rd mag, they run the same. Very accurate, easy to shoot little pistols too.

Skip

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I have not had any problems with the 7 or the 8 round magazines. I have said it before, I must be fairly trigger numb because I don't feel or notice all of the issues I read about. Is it like the trigger in my VP9? Nope but I don't have issue with it for a carry gun.
    Last edited by hotrodder636; 06-20-17 at 14:11.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast