Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Primary Arms Micro Red Dot W/ 3x Magnifier Review

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by equilibrium View Post
    The magnifier is very good although I can not speak for the micro dot. Either way PA equipment is excellent. Great review and excellent pictures.
    Thanks what optic is your magnifier on?

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
    -Robert E. Howard
    “Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.”

― Robert E. Howard

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    I have it behind an Aimpoint Comp M2. Very old and the outer shell shows signs of abuse(because it has seen it's share of abusive days), but the sight is remarkable. I wasn't used to red dots until I got out of the Marine Corps(we shoot the ACOGS) but I love the M2 and now choose a red dot over ACOG anyday. Don't get me wrong the ACOG is amazing but for my needs it isn't practical. I rarely shoot out to 500 yards anymore and if I was to shoot that far I could easily hit a man sized target with iron sights(will take some trial shots to begin with). All in all the red dot suits my needs more than the ACOG would, plus I hated the eye relief on the ACOG. This of course is all IMHO.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by equilibrium View Post
    I have it behind an Aimpoint Comp M2. Very old and the outer shell shows signs of abuse(because it has seen it's share of abusive days), but the sight is remarkable. I wasn't used to red dots until I got out of the Marine Corps(we shoot the ACOGS) but I love the M2 and now choose a red dot over ACOG anyday. Don't get me wrong the ACOG is amazing but for my needs it isn't practical. I rarely shoot out to 500 yards anymore and if I was to shoot that far I could easily hit a man sized target with iron sights(will take some trial shots to begin with). All in all the red dot suits my needs more than the ACOG would, plus I hated the eye relief on the ACOG. This of course is all IMHO.
    Awesome, I asked because anyone else reading with the same optic considering the magnifier would like to know im sure. Thank you for your service.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
    -Robert E. Howard
    “Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.”

― Robert E. Howard

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooch_ View Post
    Awesome, I asked because anyone else reading with the same optic considering the magnifier would like to know im sure. Thank you for your service.

-Robert E. Howard
    No need to thank me brother. Just so you know, the Aimpoints can be had for around $250 used on Ebay. Will have a rough shell but that doesn't mean S@#$ when talking aimpoint.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    PA had the 3x on sale during black friday. Kinda wish I picked one up, even though I have no use for one

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by epoch2k View Post
    PA had the 3x on sale during black friday. Kinda wish I picked one up, even though I have no use for one
    Ya they have been awesome. I actually purchased it hours before it went on sale. I just called them up and refunded the difference back to me. I told them I was going to place another order so store credit would be fine. They then gave me free shipping. Awesome customer service.

-Robert E. Howard

― Robert E. Howard

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooch_ View Post
    Ya they have been awesome. I actually purchased it hours before it went on sale. I just called them up and refunded the difference back to me. I told them I was going to place another order so store credit would be fine. They then gave me free shipping. Awesome customer service.

-Robert E. Howard
    That's awesome man. I do love me some PA!! Play with the focus a little bit until you get the "sweet spot" that suits you best. I have it to where the RDS is about as clear(not fuzzy) as I could get it. Sometimes it has a shooting star effect but it isn't anywhere near bad enough to cause problems hitting your target.

Feedback Score
    When I was first looking at optics for my AR i thought i would enjoy an Aimpoint Micro, but just couldn't bring myself to pay that much for something I was unsure about. So, I bought and ran a PA micro on my AR for about 2 years. Found out that the micro style just wasnt for me. Saved big time in the long run.

Just bought an EOTech from PA and got a free magnifier and mount. Tried out the magnifier, just didnt like the added weight. Other than that one small complaint, it's a good piece of equipment. The wife took the magnifier and put it behind her Vortex SF. She loves the thing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TBL467 View Post
    When I was first looking at optics for my AR i thought i would enjoy an Aimpoint Micro, but just couldn't bring myself to pay that much for something I was unsure about. So, I bought and ran a PA micro on my AR for about 2 years. Found out that the micro style just wasnt for me. Saved big time in the long run.

Just bought an EOTech from PA and got a free magnifier and mount. Tried out the magnifier, just didnt like the added weight. Other than that one small complaint, it's a good piece of equipment. The wife took the magnifier and put it behind her Vortex SF. She loves the thing.
    I'm glad I went the less expensive route as well for this reason. I feel that in the long run I won't be in love with the micro style RDS. I also think an eotech will be for me. That being said . It's an awesome sight.

-Robert E. Howard

― Robert E. Howard

Feedback Score
    I was searching for an optic for a S&W 15-22 when I came across your thread Gooch. This looks like it could work. Thanks for doing it and great pics. My question to you is are you saying you paid $160 for the entire package including mounts? I'm coming up with a much higher price. About $220 and that's with a non QD magnifier mount. The RDS is supposed to be coming back in stock over the next few days so i'll order when it does. Am I missing a coupon code or did you just get it on sale? Don't take it wrong, even at $220 I think its worth considering, I was just curious about the price you mentioned. I've got another Primary Arms RDS mounted on a Beretta Storm and have had no issues with it. They have a good product at a good price imo.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast