Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Form 4 (Ind.), Credit Card payment

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Form 4 (Ind.), Credit Card payment

How many of you have submitted Form 4's using a credit/debit card as payment for the stamp? I've just submitted my paperwork and noticed they charged my card the day after they received my packet.

NFATracker is showing an approximate 37 day timeframe from "sent to check cashed". Are they processing forms with CC/Debit cards as payment differently?

What are your experiences?

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    I filled out two form 4s about 2 weeks ago and they charged my card within a week of them being submitted.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bighawk View Post
    I filled out two form 4s about 2 weeks ago and they charged my card within a week of them being submitted.
    Thanks for sharing your experience, seems they are charging them a little quicker than cashing them. At least per current NFATracker data.

Feedback Score
    I've never had a check or CC payment take longer than 10 days...usually within 3-5. It definitely slowed down last July, but since the examiners aren't the ones handling the payments, it should be smooth sailing these days as far as your money being taken.
    Last edited by BigWaylon; 03-30-17 at 19:39.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Does the time it takes to process the payment expedite the months of waiting in any significant way?

Feedback Score
    Every for 1 I filed was through credit card. All the form 4's were through Silencershop, so I didn't directly submit payment. That said, the ATF process my payment within 3-5 days on all the form 1's, and I too wondered if it spead the process up. The curious thing is that my CC info has been stolen shortly after each submission of a few form 1's. Could be coincidence or it could be that .gov is awful and protecting information.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon01 View Post
    Every for 1 I filed was through credit card. All the form 4's were through Silencershop, so I didn't directly submit payment. That said, the ATF process my payment within 3-5 days on all the form 1's, and I too wondered if it spead the process up. The curious thing is that my CC info has been stolen shortly after each submission of a few form 1's. Could be coincidence or it could be that .gov is awful and protecting information.
    I'll take the latter statement for $1000, Alex.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Indeed. Same thing happened to me recently.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Co-gnARR View Post
    Does the time it takes to process the payment expedite the months of waiting in any significant way?
    No, because the ATF isn't who processes the payment. The forms are all just sitting in boxes labeled with received dates until it's time to work them, regardless of when they make it to WV.

It's still basically a FIFO system, with the differences being the speed of the examiner that gets the stack with your form in it.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWaylon View Post
    No, because the ATF isn't who processes the payment. The forms are all just sitting in boxes labeled with received dates until it's time to work them, regardless of when they make it to WV.

It's still basically a FIFO system, with the differences being the speed of the examiner that gets the stack with your form in it.
    Thank you. I suspected this was the case, based upon some of the comments in the NFA wait time thread. Per my earlier comment re: gov't being a generally poor shepherd of personal information I have never felt comfortable using my CC info. Since the method of payment does not seem to have any impact on the processing time I don't see the need for using a CC. Convenience is any thing but if CC info is loosely guarded.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast