Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Magpul MLOK vs Keymod

Feedback Score

Magpul MLOK vs Keymod

Which system will reign supreme and stick around?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Keymod got a good head start. But Im sure MLOK will win. If Im not mistaken Canada has already adopted MLOK to a degree. To me Keymod has always looked sketch. Because it seems that if something attached via keymod took a swift hit rearward it would fall right of the rail.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I just picked up a Colt LE6920 with Magpul SL furniture. The SL handguard utilizes the M-LOK system. This is my first experience with the M-LOK system and I'll obviously have more detailed thoughts about the functionality/practicality as I spend more time with the platform. That said, my initial impressions are positive. The M-LOK system is going to allow me to add the additional components/accessories I need. It's going to allow me to mount these components where I want them. And it's going to allow me to mount them easily/cost-effectively.

I think both systems are going to be viable for a while. It all depends upon what the user needs. All I'll ever run on the handguard is a light (and maybe a VFG). The fact that I can save a little bit of weight, time, and money, without compromising functionality, is a big plus to me.

As has been my experience with other Magpul products, the system seems to work as advertised and I expect it to be durable/reliable. Looking forward to familiarizing myself with the system/putting it to use.

On a side note, I really like the feel of the SL handguard. It's rock solid and the slimmer profile has provided a much more comfortable/effective support-hand grip.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Didn't we already have this thread going?
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    **Deleted**
    Last edited by BoringGuy45; 01-07-16 at 19:42. Reason: Said my peace in the other M-LOK/KeyMod thread
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    Roger that... Damn search button was hiding =)

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    Keymod got a good head start. But Im sure MLOK will win. If Im not mistaken Canada has already adopted MLOK to a degree. To me Keymod has always looked sketch. Because it seems that if something attached via keymod took a swift hit rearward it would fall right of the rail.
    Properly designed KM accessories have a lug that engages the rear of one or more slots preventing the accessory from moving rearward. You can't even remove the accessory without loosening the screws 2-3 full revolutions allowing the lug to disengage the rear of the slot. The weak link is shared by both systems.. The screws.

Feedback Score
    For me MLOK is the clear winner thanks to this product:
    https://youtu.be/x27g4TNuvnM
    Now if only manufactures could get on board

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Properly designed KM accessories have a lug that engages the rear of one or more slots preventing the accessory from moving rearward. You can't even remove the accessory without loosening the screws 2-3 full revolutions allowing the lug to disengage the rear of the slot. The weak link is shared by both systems.. The screws.
    A visual of what the quoted person is talking about courtesy of TWANGnBANG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2oIlcbzzZ0

Feedback Score
    I went M-lok for two reasons. Magpul isn't going anywhere. My little girly pinky finds it's way into the keymod holes.

But I also think M-lok looks cleaner and doesn't look like warehouse shelving.

I just installed a ALG EMR on my 6920.
    Brian
    IDPA #A22224
    Navy "Lifer" 23 years., the polar opposite of "Operator"

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast