Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: 277 Wolverine General Thoughts and Experiences?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    A similar group shot using CFE BLK and a Speer 90gr TNT.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Once I get this stuck case issue figured out and resolved I can really get to the business of working up good loads with a couple different bullets and weights.

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Awesome work Tokarev!

Thanks for posting the results for the rest of us to consume.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    We may have fixed the extraction issue by polishing the chamber with emery cloth followed by a patch coated in jeweler's rouge. More to come...

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    You developed the 277 Wolverine? I thought it was developed by Mark Kexel.

He was a big help to Mark.

http://68forums.com/forums/showthrea...s/43132?page=1
    Do you even get down innagrass, bro?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waylander View Post
    Thanks for the link. Some good reading in there.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    You developed the 277 Wolverine? I thought it was developed by Mark Kexel.

I had designed it a few years earlier and asked the guys on 68 forums what they thought. They were like Meh... so I didn't make any. Mark asked about it and I already had a reamer design so I gave it to him. We produced the first 50 barrels to get him started. He has done a great job promoting it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by constructor View Post
    I had designed it a few years earlier and asked the guys on 68 forums what they thought. They were like Meh... so I didn't make any. Mark asked about it and I already had a reamer design so I gave it to him. We produced the first 50 barrels to get him started. He has done a great job promoting it.
    Well then, thanks to both of you for the time, effort and expense.

While I assume neither the 300BLK nor 6.8 SPC guys will show much interest in the 277 it does seem to offer much of what makes both cartridges good within the the confines of the M16 magazine well. The 277 seems to be capable of 90% of what the 6.8 can do while retaining the current gen of reliable and durable (and cheap) magazine. Start chopping barrels and I bet the 277 vs 6.8 starts becoming even more academic.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thats what I like about the 277, is that it has 90% the power of the 6.8 with the multi role capabilities that 300 BLK offers. The big deal breaker for me on 6.8 is the lack of magazines, cheap brass, and bolt life. 300 addresses these issues but has sub optimal external ballistics. With 277 you get a flatter trajectory, sub sonic capabilites, good bolt life, tons of mags, and an infinite supply of cheap brass.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
    Thats what I like about the 277, is that it has 90% the power of the 6.8 with the multi role capabilities that 300 BLK offers. The big deal breaker for me on 6.8 is the lack of magazines, cheap brass, and bolt life. 300 addresses these issues but has sub optimal external ballistics. With 277 you get a flatter trajectory, sub sonic capabilites, good bolt life, tons of mags, and an infinite supply of cheap brass.
    Plus a better supply of bullets that should expand within the 277's performance envelope. With the Blackout we're limited to pretty much the Barnes 110 TTSX and the Nosler 125 BT.

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast