Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle to the death! CZP10 vs G19g5 vs M&P 2.0 Compact (starts on pg 6)

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    HD1911 what rear sight is that on the P10C? David

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitehorne View Post
    HD1911 what rear sight is that on the P10C? David
    https://dawsonprecision.com/new-daws...r-optic-front/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    [QUOTE=HD1911;2547743]Let the games begin!!! No, not really. It looks like the P10 may be getting cut loose...

Why is it going to get cut loose?

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

2024 rounds down the pipe! Plus, a rival!

Well guys, I drove it over 2000 rounds with zero malfunctions this weekend--and with the exception of 10 rounds everything was Wolf Steel. Sadly, this is the last of my el cheapo steel. I did just get an extra 1000 from Outdoor Limited, but I got such a deal on that Wolf I was sad to run through it.

1. Reliability. Complete. Zero malfunctions of any kind. No failures to lock back, no FTE, No nothing. It achieved this on a diet primarily composed of steel Russian crap. Further, other than when I installed the night sights, I never even took the slide off the gun. I just applied oil to the rail and barrel hood and let fly.

2. Mag release. The mag release is now excellent. I didn't modify anything, I just shot the hell out of the gun. My buddy Dan was back at the range after a few weeks and he was surprised that people had any issue with the mag release (he had not felt it when it was new). I take back what I said earlier about getting used to the mag, it truly did break-in nicely.

3. Comparison shoots.

Untitled by stoiclawyer, on Flickr Last week I slacked out of the second day of an AR armorer's course so I went to the range for the third time in a week! to do a massive smack down between various guns. I brought out my Beretta 92G-SD, my CZ, My Glock 17 and My HK P30. I did a series of drills: 1. Bill Drills, 2. 6/6/6 drills and 3. 5 shots at 100 yard plate. I excluded (but noted) all misses and simply restarted the drill. I shot each drill twice, then switched guns, then repeated the process and changed the order. It took a while and I burned through the last of my blazer brass I traded my hated Sig 320 for. The results were interesting to me. The winners were....

1. Beretta 92G-SD. Not really a shocker. I have more than 6k through this specific gun and it is my favorite handgun. The double action is smooth as hell, and everything else about the gun is geared for speed (heavy, light SA trigger, long barrel, long sights, big, hand filling grip.)

2. CZ P10. Not a shocker, but I did think the Glock 17 might be second given the amount of trigger time I have on the gun. But The CZ trigger and (hilariously) extremely positive mag ejection made the CZ easier to do splits and faster to reload. My best combined time was only .1 of a second slower than the Beretta. That tells me things are probably a wash.

3. HK P30. This surprised me! I like the P30 but the gun is dull as dishwater. I respect the gun but I don't really love it. While it was slower than every other gun at splits and on the draw, it was faster than all of them on reloads. I chalk that up to the paddles (which I love and operate with my trigger finger) and the HK's very positive mag ejection. Best combined was .37 slower than the B92.

4. G17. I was stunned at first that I was so slow with this gun. It felt fast. I thought I was shooting as fast or faster than the beretta but the timer doesn't lie. Honestly though, I am 100 percent convinced it all comes down to the grip angle. Every other gun is basically the same, only the G17 has the goofy Glock hump that forces someone used to a conventional angle to be a bit more deliberate in catching the front sight. I think this is the main reason people used to Glocks think everything else is slow. Basically, if you are dialed in on the Glock you are going to have the same issue I was having with all other guns. I also had to give the G17 the most make up drills (for misses). Again, I chalk this up to the grip angle. Best combined was .92 slower than the Beretta 92, even with the make-ups. That tells me if I was currently dialed in on Glocks I would probably be .92 slower with the B92 on combined drill times.

Untitled by stoiclawyer, on Flickr

5. A RIVAL!!!

I did some trading yesterday and picked up a G19 Gun 5. I am going to run a 2k challenge on it as well. I am considering shooting and equal number of rounds through both of them and seeing which comes out on top.

However I will note...

The G19 trigger is basically identical to my old G17 Gen 3. No where near as good as the CZ, or the VP9 or PPQ.

I shot it today and got ZERO btf or any other signs of erratic ejection.

I shot it faster than My G17. In fact, my best 666 times were within .21 of my CZ. So my guess is they are basically identical. But for some reason I am just faster with my G19 than my G17. Eurodriver may be right that there is something special going on with the G5s. Or it could be a fluke.

The G19 and the P10 are the same size. I laugh when I read people talking about how the CZ is so much bigger. Look, like the G19 if you want, but we are talking about tiny difference in size. And the Glock is actually bulkier through the large part of the grip, and with the Ambi levers, it is getting on the wide side. Again, these guns are functionally identical in size.

I cleaned it. Man it was gross. All that crappy wolf filled it with black soot. Weirdly it never got "gritty" in the trigger. I am probably going to clean it every 500 rounds from here out.

7. I put some Cajun gun works night sights in. I installed them myself with a punch and a file. Minor PITA, but the finished product is nice. I am a fan of three dot sights. I recognize that HDs and their copies are a bit nicer, but I like having the same boring sight picture on every gun.

8. I ordered a JM custom Kydex holster for it with the XC1. I am using a local IWB "Tru Fit" holster for now. It does fit crappy Glock holsters, but not my Raven's etc. On the other hand my G19 does fit my CZ holster.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Very nice write up Greg. I have been wanting a Beretta like yours for a few years, just haven’t gotten one yet.

As for the G5-G19 vs the P10c, which had flatter or less felt recoil?

I really wish one of my shooting buddies had a P10c I could shoot before buying one, but they have been getting really good reviews from the objective reviewers.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    What about the M&P Compact 2.0?

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I really want one. Played with one the other day and it felt fantastic but it had a thumb safety. I’m sure I will end up with one at some point.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Have you had any instances where the striker rotated in the channel and prevented the slide from going home? Saw something about this on the Omaha Outdoors video. Only place I have seen this issue so far.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    No. I would definitely note that if I saw it. No problems thus far but I am keeping an eye out.

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    Have you had any instances where the striker rotated in the channel and prevented the slide from going home? Saw something about this on the Omaha Outdoors video. Only place I have seen this issue so far.
    Just for a data point, neither of my two will rotate (even under a fair bit of pressure) far enough to interfere. If I rotate them to the stop and let the slide go (either from slide lock or letting it down slowly) it clears the frame cutout. One has a few thousand rounds through it. I'm not sure if something they did caused it, but it's causing me no concern and no way I'd move away from the platform at this point unless a serious defect was found. It's miles ahead of the Gen 3/4/5 Glocks for me.

Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast