Thread: Predator Custom Shop

Feedback Score

Predator Custom Shop

Has anyone bought a rifle from Predator Custom Shop in Knoxville, TN? I am curious as to what their reputation is for service, delivery time and, of course, quality product.

Thanks,

Elkhound
    In Hoc Signo Vinces

"The nine most terrifying words in the english language are 'I'm from the Government and I'm here to help'." Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    My brother-in-law bought a carbine from them that they'd built. It was largely a parts gun but outside of its funky green color, it's been flawless (except for popped primers from some bad ammo).

We've both had Predator do some work for us (largely just basic gunsmithing) and had good results. I've seen examples of their full up custom work and it seemed quite good.

Feedback Score

Predator Custom Shop

I know this thread is old but I have been looking all over this forum and the internet trying to find feedback from people with first hand experience with Predator Custom Shop, specifically their custom AR-15's. Figured I might try to restart a converstation. I'm not asking the "are they the best ar-15 in the world" question we so often see here and on the internet. I was just curious if anyone on this forum owns some of their weapons or has shot them and what they think. Can't find much about them on the net and that may answer the question for me.

Feedback Score
    24 (96%)
    You have come to the right place my friend. I have owned one if their ar15s for about a year and a half. I've probably put 500-1000 rounds through it. Its currently out of service. Gas port problem according to them. It basically wont lock open on an empty mag.

I would not recommend them. For the same money you can get a colt or bcm.

The are great on customer service and really nice people but if I had it to do over, I would buy a different rifle.

Their custom work looks great but.that's not something I have experience with.

Pm me if you want more info.

Feedback Score
    These guys built an M4gery for a friend of mine. He told me they were the proverbial "cat's ass" on building a fighting carbine. So I looked at it for about 30 seconds:

1) No chrome-lined barrel (buddy - "I understand that there are two schools of thought on that...")

2) Unstaked gas key (buddy - "why is that important?")

3) No markings on the bolt, semi-auto carrier, etc. (buddy - "never noticed the difference between that and an M16...hmmm.")

4) A lot more time was spent on fit and finish (he had it done up in Army foliage green) that putting good parts in the gun.

He sold the gun to another friend - told him upfront about the build, too. Guy said he didn't care - thought it looked cool and would go well with his closet's paint scheme.

Feedback Score
    I'm sorry to hear that about these guys. I like to support the smaller, less known companies when I can. And from their website it looked like they might make some really good guns. But so far its not sounding good. Thanks for your responses guys. Keep them coming if anyone else out there has any thoughts, good or bad.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spurholder View Post
    These guys built an M4gery for a friend of mine. He told me they were the proverbial "cat's ass" on building a fighting carbine. So I looked at it for about 30 seconds:

1) No chrome-lined barrel (buddy - "I understand that there are two schools of thought on that...")

2) Unstaked gas key (buddy - "why is that important?")

3) No markings on the bolt, semi-auto carrier, etc. (buddy - "never noticed the difference between that and an M16...hmmm.")

4) A lot more time was spent on fit and finish (he had it done up in Army foliage green) that putting good parts in the gun.

He sold the gun to another friend - told him upfront about the build, too. Guy said he didn't care - thought it looked cool and would go well with his closet's paint scheme.
    How much did he pay for the rifle missing all the bells & whistles?

A non-chrome lined barrel isn't the end of the world. Did it have a heavy buffer to compensate for the semi carrier?

Feedback Score
    The gun shop they were partnered with closed a while back (they shared the same building), I don't know if they went out of business too or struck out on their own. LMT used to have them listed as a LMT dealer on their wed site (Predator), I don't know if they still do or not. I asked them, Predator, if they would order a LMT M4 for me and the anwser was NO, we only sell what we build. I've seen some of their guns set up at local gun shows and was not impressed (except for the already mentioned finishes), they do not use what I would consider quality componets. Even though they are local for me I've never used them and have zero plans too. I haven't heard anything from them in a while and they haven't been set up at the local shows for a while either. I would recommend choosing from the top 4,5 or 6 spots on the chart and consider myself much better off. We, in the Knoxville area, are in much need for a good local tatical gun shop. Grant, if your'e reading, may I suggest a "south store", and I would even offer my employee services