Page 7 of 78 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: Magpul M-LOK

Feedback Score
    I was initially disappointed when I got the newsletter announcing the new M-Lok system. Based off their newsletter alone it seemed like solely an evolution for MOE mounting, then I saw the announcement from Geissele previewing the new MK8 M-Lok.

Although I'm still disappointed with what looks like the initial release, picatinny rails mounted to a new rail, I think the release of direct mount M-Lok products must be on the horizon, or at least the drawing board. Seeing as how this is the main focus from the majority of keymod users, direct mount attachments that is, it seems like this should be one of the first things Magpul should be focused on releasing.

Personally I hate the look of their new M-Lok rail sections, they may attach in a new revolutionary method, bu they look too bulky to be of any minimalist use other than perhaps for a flashlight mount. I would like to see Magpul direct mount M-Lok VFG's, AFG's, handstops, and flashlight mounts. That being said, the MK8 rail is calling my name and I look forward to the evolution and development of this system.
    USMC 2011-Present

Feedback Score
    The key mod always looked like a half solution to me... the rail portion was good, but the mount portion wasn't ready for prime time. I think Magpul is headed for success with this, independent of any other individual players. They will provide the affordable mounts to make the rail sell.

Feedback Score
    I was there when the Rail Wars began!
    Anyways, I'm interested to see which way this goes. I've already got a KMR though.

Sent from my SCH-I500

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HeliPilot View Post

Although I'm still disappointed with what looks like the initial release, picatinny rails mounted to a new rail, I think the release of direct mount M-Lok products must be on the horizon, or at least the drawing board. Seeing as how this is the main focus from the majority of keymod users, direct mount attachments that is, it seems like this should be one of the first things Magpul should be focused on releasing.

Personally I hate the look of their new M-Lok rail sections, they may attach in a new revolutionary method, bu they look too bulky to be of any minimalist use other than perhaps for a flashlight mount. I would like to see Magpul direct mount M-Lok VFG's, AFG's, handstops, and flashlight mounts.

There's nothing large about the rail segments compared to any other pic rail segment, and in fact they are pocketed out quite a bit to be rather light.

That being said, the whole point of the system was to direct mount accessories without the rails, as you could do with MOE accessories on MOE hand guards since 2007. We will have a full complement of accessories, that are already well underway, out by Fall 2014. Hand stop, two light mounts, vert grip, updated AFG, sling mounts, bipod mount, rail covers, etc. In the meantime, most MOE accessories will direct mount with a small adapter plate that will be available shortly.
    Duane Liptak, Jr.
    Executive Vice President
    Magpul Industries

info@magpulcore.com

This is a personal account linked to a personal e-mail. Company affiliation and titles are provided purely for transparency requirements of the host site. Although factual company information may be shared through this account, any opinions expressed are solely those of the account holder, and not necessarily those of Magpul Industries or subsidiaries.

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    Thank God I can hold a railed handguard without covers...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Now if there was a way to make a flashlight that could mount and unmount with one hand in the field using this system, that would be good.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedoooom View Post
    The M-LOK cut out is larger, so it will win there in just a plain rail weight. Then add the fact they will be able to use polymer accessories, another win in weight.
    Huh? You can't cut enought material out of a Geissele to match the KMR and still have structural integrity.

Money? I'm pretty sure as long as Geissele isn't the only one thats going to do it, the pricing will be the same as far as rails go and of course the polymer accessories will be a lot cheaper.
    I'm talking specifically about the handguard cost. I honestly would NOT have purchase a KMR out of pocket had it cost more than $300. No handguard is worth that. I never even bought my previous FAVORITE hand guard (DD RIS), just because there is nothing worth over $300-400 that is hand guard.

Key Mod was promised, there would be direct mounting accessories. Instead there is very few and they very expensive, so people just buy a rail(also expensive) and mount a polymer accessory.
    The one I think I like is the Noveske light mount. It's $50 which is cheaper than my beloved GearSector mounts. Polymer accessories, other than rail covers, are of no desire to me.

The writing is on the wall.
    Hey... the only sticker on my truck is Magpul's logo. I'm a fan of many of their products... as well as the Geissele rails. But unless they bring it cheap, they'll be battling a pretty good product.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by samuse View Post
    Thank God I can hold a railed handguard without covers...
    What do you mean?
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SPQR476 View Post
    There's nothing large about the rail segments compared to any other pic rail segment, and in fact they are pocketed out quite a bit to be rather light.

That being said, the whole point of the system was to direct mount accessories without the rails, as you could do with MOE accessories on MOE hand guards since 2007. We will have a full complement of accessories, that are already well underway, out by Fall 2014. Hand stop, two light mounts, vert grip, updated AFG, sling mounts, bipod mount, rail covers, etc. In the meantime, most MOE accessories will direct mount with a small adapter plate that will be available shortly.
    That's great to hear and thanks for the response, I've always been a huge fan of Magpul and always will be. I'm looking forward to the new products you've mentioned.
    USMC 2011-Present

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Glad I have yet to start dropping $ on KM. I want to handle and compare both before I make a decision one way or the other...

Page 7 of 78 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast