Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: AK74 Magazines

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RepeatDefender View Post
    I bought an SGL31 over the weekend. Thanks for the WAC link, I bought a mag package from them. Needed some high quality mags to feed this awesome rifle with.
    You paid $40 for a bakelite mag?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Yes, I did

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    http://whatacountry.com/ak-74-Russia...zine-plum.aspx

Example of "goods":

Three grades of Russian plums starting at $17.95, no SGL owner should be without a few.
    Last edited by Scotter260; 03-19-12 at 22:45.
    "...forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us..."

"I had no real need to remove it, but I like to check out things to see why they're so wonderful." - markm

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I'm sure I spent too much on the Bakelite mags, but I wanted them for that "look".

I'll probably pick up another 5-6 more of the Plum mags, as well. Still won't be enough, but it will be a good start.

Feedback Score
    Thats a great price for Russian 74's

Feedback Score
    Indeed it is, I just bought four more.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    True, but you dont have to keep restocking mags. You can still shoot 1000 rounds even with one mag. Also some of this is due to people panic buying now. I pick up mags at gun shows for $10-$15ea. You can find plenty of good deals as long as youre not looking for RARE or NEW mags.
    l'm not looking for rare or new mags. Decnt used surplus is fine with me, and thahs the problem. l cant find them anywhere much cheaper than 25$ after shipping.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Unless you live far away from any major metropolitan area I find that I get about the same deals if I look around locally, if you factor in shipping and handling charges. Very rarely do I find that ordering online actually saves me money.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Unless you live far away from any major metropolitan area I find that I get about the same deals if I look around locally, if you factor in shipping and handling charges. Very rarely do I find that ordering online actually saves me money.
    Or if you live somewhere like me, where AR's are just getting popular and AK's are still looked down on as "damn commie guns" by the Fudd's at the ranges.

I have to find all my mag and ammo deals (at least for 5.45) online. Doesn't help that I live in BFE, but I like it out here. Nice and quiet!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've found good deals over the years, but I don't mind spending ~$40 for brand spanking new bakelites. They'll pretty much last forever... and they're prettier.
    Time flies when you throw your watch.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast