Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Murder or Self-Defense if Officer Is Killed in Raid? (No-Knock Raid Thread)

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Bro, real talk.

The above is making my neck hair stand up. That shit is chilling.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Damage View Post
    I never suspected I would be using the footage to fight with people that were suppose to be on "my side".

I was a new father and was on the road for long periods of time, so I had it installed to keep track of the family.

Every subsequent residence has a full set of cameras going forward.

It is getting harder and harder to maintain integrity with the footage.

I hear stories where the DVR's are seized during raids and the PD claims no footage exist. So I started using a system to store the video off site.

Then I hear of stories where local authorities are cutting communications at the same time they breach. So I started having to pay for a service that uses a dedicated dish connection to transmit it to an offsite location.

My life use to be so much simpler before the event... some trust has came back, but I will prob never fully trust the local PD and DA integrity. You start to feel more on your own.

Feedback Score
    I misspoke on my post on IED's in the USA. I should have said other than terrorism in the USA and even that thank G-D has been limited. I went through the suicide bombing campaign in Israel where it almost seemed every other day we had bombings.

Regular criminals to the best of my knowledge haven't used IED's in the USA.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Understandable.

DAs do NOT like to be proven wrong.

I'd like to say all DAs are fair and objective adherents to the law but then again they are politicians

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I never suspected I would be using the footage to fight with people that were suppose to be on "my side".

I was a new father and was on the road for long periods of time, so I had it installed to keep track of the family.

I hear stories where the DVR's are seized during raids and the PD claims no footage exist. So I started using a system to store the video off site.

Then I hear of stories where local authorities are cutting communications at the same time they breach. So I started having to pay for a service that uses a dedicated dish connection to transmit it to an offsite location.

My life use to be so much simpler before the event... some trust has came back, but I will prob never fully trust the local PD and DA integrity. You start to feel more on your own.
    That's getting to the point where the jurisdiction of the locals over you should be eliminated. Want to investigate Damage for a misdemeanor crime? Call the State Police, turn it over to them and walk away.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I've been toying with the notion for awhile and thought about storing the footage via cloud as a physical DVR can be compromised. But there are concerns with who can access the footage even there, hackers.

Did your setup have audio as well?

I understand how a house's phone lines, power/gas/water, internet/wifi can be shut off prior to a raid is that what you mean by cutting communications? I haven't researched into it but there is systems that are independent albeit expensive.

PM if need be as the subject matter is sensitive.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcard600 View Post
    Certainly seems so. Equating being against no-knocks as holding anti-LE sentiment is one of the most ridiculous things I've read on this forum.
    Eurotroll is just channeling his inner J-Dub.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    Other than the terrorist in Boston, where have criminals used IED in the USA?
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Not trying to be snarky as this has been a far more intelligent thread than I thought would happen but:

The San Bernadino couple (albeit devices failed)
    Unabomber
    Olympic Park
    Columbine (though devices failed)
    Oklahoma City

There is precedent.

Honestly, a single guy with a gun has never bothered me as much as a guy with a knowledge of explosives.
    And don't forget the Time Square Bomber https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010...ombing_attempt

Truth be told, the use of IEDs has a rich history in America's gang culture:
    https://cops.usdoj.gov/html/cd_rom/s...angmembers.pdf

However, my IED comment was in reference to just last year when the Dallas PD created an IED and delivered it by robot to kill a barricaded sniper suspect: https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nat...TiK/story.html
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    LMFAO.

Quote Originally Posted by ClearedHot View Post
    Eurotroll is just channeling his inner J-Dub.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    I've been toying with the notion for awhile and thought about storing the footage via cloud as a physical DVR can be compromised. But there are concerns with who can access the footage even there, hackers.

Did your setup have audio as well?

I understand how a house's phone lines, power/gas/water, internet/wifi can be shut off prior to a raid is that what you mean by cutting communications? I haven't researched into it but there is systems that are independent albeit expensive.

PM if need be as the subject matter is sensitive.
    The old system did not have audio, new one has partial audio. Only when there is motion and the system is armed.

The system I currently have is commercial grade, not cheep. Same company does many .gov facility's. Data is stored in Amazon webservices.

Yes, I mean they cut off everything to the house. Things now are sent via dish.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    That's getting to the point where the jurisdiction of the locals over you should be eliminated. Want to investigate Damage for a misdemeanor crime? Call the State Police, turn it over to them and walk away.
    Original Incident was years ago, I no longer live there. But the lack of confidence is still there.

I had to go to court get charges dropped then sued and got a settlement.

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast