Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: very best LPK

Feedback Score

very best LPK

building a new AR and useing a billet lower and want the best LPK. are the RRA LPK's any good ? no 2 stage or adjustables and prefer to have standard springs
    WHO ME ? ---- A government big enough to
    give you everything you want, is
    strong enough to take everything
    you have.
    -- Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    LMT LPK from Grant fills that need.

See options here.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=852

Feedback Score
    what makes the LMT better than the $60.00 RRA LPK ?
    you have.
    -- Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    I don't know how much better the lmt is vs the rra, I do know that a rock river arms lower doesn't have a mil spec buffer and their best kits involve the 2 stage nm trigger and a lot of folks aren't very fond of that. They also don't do a few of the things with their uppers that LMT will do with theirs. I see it as a fool me once, fool me twice type thing. I just think reputation alone and peace of mind can be worth a few dooolars on setup.

I would basically go with a LMT basic kit for around 70 bones or the one with the magpul trigger gaurd for a bit more. Than i would slap a timney trigger in there.

I have a rra lower that I got with a rifle and sold the upper to. It's always worked just fine. I also just bought a sun devil billet lower and I am in the process of putting it together with LMT and timney trigger parts. I also bought a wilson combat bolt catch.

I'm not sure that any kit is going to be the very best for every single part in it vs. another kit. I do know that LMT is a top mfg and is usually right on time with their products. I love my LMT upper and I'm satisfied that the company is doing the right things to produce good products.

Besides if you use the lmt parts kit you can put that in your posts and even the kewl kids will oooo and ahhh.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GONIF View Post
    what makes the LMT better than the $60.00 RRA LPK ?
    I've asked that question before and I was told the difference is quality. The LMT parts are apparently manufactured to a specification that is outlined in the TDP. I, however, have not seen anyone produce empirical data which indicates that the RRA parts have a higher failure rate than the LMT parts. Since the price difference is over double, one has to wonder what level of performance they will be getting above that of the RRA. Unfortunately, there seems to be no data to indicate what that level may be.

With bolts, the price difference between a HP/MP bolt and one that is not is less than 10%. The price difference in LPK's is over 200%. Personally, I'm more than comfortable (even in a protracted firefight) with my RRA LPK. The cost/quality ratio just doesn't support going with the LMT. Unless, of course, someone has the empirical data to support a different cost/quality ratio (i.e. the RRA parts fail twice as often as the LMT parts).
    Just one of the Shepherd's sheepdogs. Joshua 24:15

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by exitinyourhead View Post
    I don't know how much better the lmt is vs the rra, I do know that a rock river arms lower doesn't have a mil spec buffer and their best kits involve the 2 stage nm trigger and a lot of folks aren't very fond of that. They also don't do a few of the things with their uppers that LMT will do with theirs. I see it as a fool me once, fool me twice type thing. I just think reputation alone and peace of mind can be worth a few dooolars on setup.

I would basically go with a LMT basic kit for around 70 bones or the one with the magpul trigger gaurd for a bit more. Than i would slap a timney trigger in there.

I have a rra lower that I got with a rifle and sold the upper to. It's always worked just fine. I also just bought a sun devil billet lower and I am in the process of putting it together with LMT and timney trigger parts. I also bought a wilson combat bolt catch.

I'm not sure that any kit is going to be the very best for every single part in it vs. another kit. I do know that LMT is a top mfg and is usually right on time with their products. I love my LMT upper and I'm satisfied that the company is doing the right things to produce good products.

Besides if you use the lmt parts kit you can put that in your posts and even the kewl kids will oooo and ahhh.
    Is is me or did we just get diverted to TOS?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rmecapn View Post
    I've asked that question before and I was told the difference is quality. The LMT parts are apparently manufactured to a specification that is outlined in the TDP. I, however, have not seen anyone produce empirical data which indicates that the RRA parts have a higher failure rate than the LMT parts. Since the price difference is over double, one has to wonder what level of performance they will be getting above that of the RRA. Unfortunately, there seems to be no data to indicate what that level may be.

With bolts, the price difference between a HP/MP bolt and one that is not is less than 10%. The price difference in LPK's is over 200%. Personally, I'm more than comfortable (even in a protracted firefight) with my RRA LPK. The cost/quality ratio just doesn't support going with the LMT. Unless, of course, someone has the empirical data to support a different cost/quality ratio (i.e. the RRA parts fail twice as often as the LMT parts).
    For me QC is the big issue with LPK. I have not used a LMT LPK but have been using COLT LP's for a few years now. The CMT/Stag LPKs I've used have almost all had a part that was out of spec. IE on one the Pivot and take down pins were useless, as in super monkey jizz lube and a sledge wouldn't have made them go in. I won't go into all the details of the problems I've had with various LPK's over the years but I just got sick of dealing with it. Colt Lps have been 100% perfect so far.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    For me QC is the big issue with LPK. I have not used a LMT LPK but have been using COLT LP's for a few years now. The CMT/Stag LPKs I've used have almost all had a part that was out of spec. IE on one the Pivot and take down pins were useless, as in super monkey jizz lube and a sledge wouldn't have made them go in. I won't go into all the details of the problems I've had with various LPK's over the years but I just got sick of dealing with it. Colt Lps have been 100% perfect so far.
    Thanks for the observations. Would you mind indicating how many builds we are referring to and the number of CMT/Stag LPK's you've tried vs. the Colt's? I'm am seriously trying to put together some statistics based on experience so we have some kind of empirical evidence.

My experience is very limited. I've used three Stag lowers and put RRA LPK's in them and had no issue with fit or function on the LPK's.

It'd be nice if someone like Pat Rogers chimed in with their documented experience on LPK failures by make.

Karl

Feedback Score
    Yes It would be nice if Pat would weigh in on this. that's EXACTLY the imput that would settle this . so if your out there Pat please give me the benifit of your knolage on this . I would like to do it right the first time .
    you have.
    -- Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    I've been trying to find out what happened to Pat, and why he no longer frequents this forum anymore?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast