Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: is this the place to ask about air rifles?

Feedback Score
    That custom Benjamin 22 by Mac-1 looks interesting.

Going to check that out first...

-brickboy240

Feedback Score
    THIS SUPPRESSED STOEGER air rifle has been talking to me lately. We have a squirrel problem around Casa JV but I'd have to be awfully discreet about assassinating them since there are other houses around who might get irritated about unsuppressed high-power air rifle firing...
    Last edited by jvencius; 03-20-13 at 12:06.

Past the second cattle guard, at the end of the gravel road
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbang View Post
    There's a company in california called Mac 1. They do custom airguns and one of their specialties is the old benjamin .22. http://www.mac1airgunshop.com/benjam...-p/stbi392.htm
    I have one and a Sheridan he did for me, be ready for a long wait.

RFA
    "Jill, if there's ever a problem, just walk out on the balcony ... take that double-barrel shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house,.." VP Joe Biden Feb 19, 2013

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jvencius View Post
    THIS SUPPRESSED STOEGER air rifle has been talking to me lately. We have a squirrel problem around Casa JV but I'd have to be awfully discreet about assassinating them since there are other houses around who might get irritated about unsuppressed high-power air rifle firing...
    If you want a very quiet yet powerful Air rifle, look into a FX Whisper.
    Made in Sweden, very quiet with an integral shroud. It is a precharged pneumatic, so you need a tank of N2 or scuba tank. High pressure hand pumps are available, I use 4000# N2, one charge is good for 15 to 20 shots.
    I have one in .22, it has a rotary magazine that works well. It will easily kill squirrels and most small game.

http://www.airgunsofarizona.com/FX%20Whisper.htm

Have fun,
    RFA
    Last edited by Ready.Fire.Aim; 03-20-13 at 22:24.
    "Jill, if there's ever a problem, just walk out on the balcony ... take that double-barrel shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house,.." VP Joe Biden Feb 19, 2013

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jvencius View Post
    Be wary of claims of spring piston 22s claiming to shoot 1000fps or 177 at 1200fps. I've shot many a pellet gun over my chrony and my FX Cyclone barely gets to 1000fps with 16gr 22cal JSB's.
    NRA Life Member, NAHC Life Member, GOA member

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Yup, been a member there for years. Preoccupied with "stuff" so I don't post much as of late. I jump on there occasionally to see if yrrah has done more amazing long range shooting or to see what's going on.
    LOL, those 100 yd air rifle shots still amaze me. That guy is the cat's-ass with an air gun.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ready.Fire.Aim View Post
    If you want a very quiet yet powerful Air rifle, look into a FX Whisper.
    Made in Sweden, very quiet with an integral shroud. It is a precharged pneumatic, so you need a tank of N2 or scuba tank. High pressure hand pumps are available, I use 4000# N2, one charge is good for 15 to 20 shots.
    I have one in .22, it has a rotary magazine that works well. It will easily kill squirrels and most small game.

http://www.airgunsofarizona.com/FX%20Whisper.htm

Have fun,
    RFA
    One of these days I'd like to get the monsoon. Although that would mean more trips to get the CF bottle filled. :-)

I've eradicated many a garbage can raiding urban racoon with my Cyclone. Love FX airguns.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Be wary of claims of spring piston 22s claiming to shoot 1000fps or 177 at 1200fps. I've shot many a pellet gun over my chrony and my FX Cyclone barely gets to 1000fps with 16gr 22cal JSB's.
    Good for you, Cyclone is a very nice machine!

I picked up a custom Ben Taylor Cyclone at Airguns of Arizona many moons ago. It and a DayState Mk3 I got used from AOA resulted in becoming hooked on Field Target shooting. Just reading these posts will result in digging the field targets out of the closet this weekend.

RFA

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ready.Fire.Aim View Post
    LOL, those 100 yd air rifle shots still amaze me. That guy is the cat's-ass with an air gun.
    The last I saw he moved his round stone target thingy out to like 300 yards. But yeah, his sub-MOA 100 yard groups are pretty damn good.

I usually shot 50 yards because the range I used to go to was exposed to gusty winds a lot. From 50 yards .2"ctc 5 shot groups were pretty easy with sand bags. I tried 100 yards once but could only manage 1.5"ctc with 5 shots. I used to work too much to be picky about what day I could go to the range, LOL.

Lots of fun though.

Feedback Score
    my cyclone.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast