Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt warranty repair times

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Hey if any Colt employees read this, these are all baseless allegations and Euro was outta town when all that occurred.

And I aint seen shit because some other dude did it
    Some other dude from deep innabluff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    But, but, PSA has warrantiez back in 1 day.

Is what I expected to see here.

Nonetheless, sorry to hear about the long wait.

Down a cliff? Ran it over?

I know you do some crazy stuff Euro, but, what'd you do to that poor rifle?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Grant, I bought it from G&R so if you could help that would be appreciated. I’ll PM you. I’m getting nowhere with them.

To all - I was very up front with Colt about the issue and the cause of the issue. They said they’d honor it under their warranty, and said I’d have it back in 30 days.

That was back in April. I know my way around an AR. I would’ve just replaced the upper if I knew it’d take this long.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    These guys are worse than Surefire.
    I didn't think that was even possible, but eight months is pretty extreme regardless of the company.

When a warranty repair takes as long as a form 1 or form 4 approval then that's pretty bad..

Feedback Score
    Just got a 1911 back for a warranty repair. I was told it would take a couple weeks; It took almost 5 months. I am a huge Colt fan, but their wait times are atrocious.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Grant, I bought it from G&R so if you could help that would be appreciated. I’ll PM you. I’m getting nowhere with them.

To all - I was very up front with Colt about the issue and the cause of the issue. They said they’d honor it under their warranty, and said I’d have it back in 30 days.

That was back in April. I know my way around an AR. I would’ve just replaced the upper if I knew it’d take this long.
    No problem, I will try and help.

Was it your error or their error?

C4

Feedback Score
    A friend had this problem with an AR & took almost a year to NOT get fixed. When it was returned the second time not working, he sold it with full disclosure it wasn’t fixed. The gun store bought it back & sent it in for a repair.

It may still be there....

ETA: when I wanted a quality AR, I wanted a Colt, but went with Daniel Defense.
    Last edited by MSW; 01-30-18 at 17:32.

Feedback Score
    I've been w/o my Trooper now for about 2 months...and I know the damn thing is going to show up some day when I'm not home to sign for it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Hey if any Colt employees read this, these are all baseless allegations and Euro was outta town when all that occurred.

And I aint seen shit because some other dude did it
    Dude, if I want from Colt I'd be wanting my hands on that rifle to see how it was still working after that drop. I think our man said it ran fine, it just grouped like shit. I would legit be wanting to see what was up with it. Like, "You seriously broke our shit? Here is a new one, we want the broken one to reverse engineer that ****er." I mean, I've seen some companies which are like famous for shit CS, *cough* H&K *cough* warranty shit that no way in hell should they have and do it without batting an eyelash. You'd think Colt would at least get it back. But, like I said, is seems the bigger companies are slower. Had a guy who had a forearm break on a Browning shotgun, think it was like a 3 month or 4 month turnaround. Know another guy who got a 6920 that went out without an extractor and Colt wanted the entire rifle back to replace it, turn around on that one was like 3 weeks. So, unfortunately some companies just don't have great CS. I feel for Euro, because I have been wanting to see more crazy rifle abuse videos to show my own rifles to keep them in line.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Kain, I get what you're saying. I just don't want Euro should accidentally get blue falconed over his gun. Myself I got my theories of what might have happened but still nothing I'd sign my name to.

In all fairness, HK had a bad CS rep a while back but I had to have a pistol tweaked a few years ago and I got it back pretty ricky tick paying only shipping. Their webshop likewise pretty efficient and their current building is basically a shoebox (at least in Georgia).
    So I don't get into the whole "you suck we hate you spiel".

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast