Page 6 of 47 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: SHOT Show 2014 Pictures (From SMGLee)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by carolvs View Post
    I'm curious at the near ubiquity of FDE. Is anyone actually buying it aside from US civilians at this point?

It is called RAL8000. Bundeswehr uses it on G28 for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Hwikek View Post
    Any word on the HK293? I know I'm saving aside a good sized chunk of change to pick one up.
    1-2 years with price target under $2000 ($1700 were mentioned) - look for Wayne Weber interview.
    Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Any SR-47 sightings?
    Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

"The thing about quotes on the internet is you cannot confirm their validity." - Abraham Lincoln

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MontePR View Post
    I really like the coupler type suppressor attachment.
    It seems like carbon fouling could bind up that ball bearing coupling system. I wonder what they did to prevent this from occurring.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The smaller 308 was smaller than I expected. The keymod scout mount was also pretty slick.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~ Paul Howe

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    You know, with all the awesomeness that KAC puts out, it still surprises me they haven't gone to a different pistol grip than the A2.

Figured they would have come up with something unique for the platform.
    And then they would be picked apart on the internet by sycophants and bottom feeders who whine about a grip they've never touched or seen in person....kind of like our Daniel Defense thread.

An A2 grip is just smart business. The people who like them will keep them and the people who don't were almost certainly going to change the grip to whatever they like anyways.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by montrala View Post
    It is called RAL8000. Bundeswehr uses it on G28 for example.

1-2 years with price target under $2000 ($1700 were mentioned) - look for Wayne Weber interview.

I had customers start asking for RAL8000 about 2 years ago....has turned out to be a very popular color...and very neutral in our environment as well.
    "I would rather be the hammer than the anvil."- Rommel

Owner: Hangar 18 Custom Coatings

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Campbell View Post
    I had customers start asking for RAL8000 about 2 years ago....has turned out to be a very popular color...and very neutral in our environment as well.
    This is around time, when HK came out with G28 in RAL8000. As a curio, RAL8000 is same colour that Rommel's Afrika Korps used back in WW2.
    Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    This was my first time handling a Geissele SMR and I was surprised how small it felt compared to what I expected. It looks a little bulky in some pics, but even handling it immediately after the KMR, it felt great.

I'm looking forward to that MK5.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~ Paul Howe

Feedback Score
    36 (100%)
    So what's the deal with the KAC wrist watch? A one of for the show? A promo?

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    You know, with all the awesomeness that KAC puts out, it still surprises me they haven't gone to a different pistol grip than the A2.

Figured they would have come up with something unique for the platform.
    There are so many options on the market that we don't want to be wedded to any single one, so we put on a simple, inexpensive, readily replaced option. The A2 grip is kinda like sights on a Glock.
    Imagine it as a sign that says "grip goes here".
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Page 6 of 47 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast