Page 122 of 239 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132172222 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 2383

Thread: -->OFFICIAL<-- "PAY IT FORWARD"

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    I totally agree with dentron but the pmag dust covers come up often enough and have to stuff I have given to PIF. I know it aggravates me so I am sure it aggravates others. I think this is a great thread and there are great people here but on the receiving end it breaks down into a few groups:
    • New people - who don't really get it so I think it's helpful to put out a reminder of what the thread is all about every page or so. I don't think we would want to limit new people, as chances are good they are the same people that this thread was designed to help out. Most of them are just starting out, don't know how this all works.
    • Dust cover guys - that give dust covers for a $300 something or other. I think this is the main issue for most people but I agree with dentron it's not a trading thread and I don't think any of us want it to be.
    • The givers - that go above and beyond to give out awesome stuff or have the means to just put stuff on here vs EE.

I don't know what we can do to help with the dust cover guys or the guys that say I will post something tonight but never come back. I guess we all just remember who they are but that doesn't solve the problem. At the end of the day I guess the whole thing is a karma issue in that you do it to give back to the community. Those that hord stuff they don't need or don't give back, we just have to have faith that the scales even out some day.
    I agree. We could:

-1. Have a list of items that are not acceptable. To keep it fair it would have to be a very short list of items and only ones that are being obviously "abused" regardless of monetary value.

2. Edit the rules to state that your claim is pending until you ACTUALLY post a PIF. Givers would allow a resonable amount of time for the claim to be valid before it is up for grabs again. Givers would be incouraged to NOT ship items until takers have PIF.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I disagree on banning unacceptable items based on value. Some people need A2 grips. I think it should be a case by case basis but if some guy keeps claiming stuff and only puts up crap then something needs to be said.

If the giver is posting multiple items, please state whether it is all or nothing or if it will be split up. This is kind of obvious sometimes with big items but smaller groups of stuff not so much.

There aren't any rules stated in the OP on whether there is a priority over claiming via PM or posting in the thread so I think this needs to be addressed. If the priority doesn't matter then I think the giver should acknowledge in the thread that something has been claimed and by whom. Or the giver should at least go back and edit the original post so people aren't left wondering for a long time.
    Do you even get down innagrass, bro?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Hey Slippin' Jimmy, you may want to talk to AMC about using your name lol

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippin' Jimmy View Post
    I disagree on banning unacceptable items based on value. Some people need A2 grips. I think it should be a case by case basis but if some guy keeps claiming stuff and only puts up crap then something needs to be said.

If the giver is posting multiple items, please state whether it is all or nothing or if it will be split up. This is kind of obvious sometimes with big items but smaller groups of stuff not so much.

There aren't any rules stated in the OP on whether there is a priority over claiming via PM or posting in the thread so I think this needs to be addressed. If the priority doesn't matter then I think the giver should acknowledge in the thread that something has been claimed and by whom. Or the giver should at least go back and edit the original post so people aren't left wondering for a long time.
    I said regardless of value. I agree that the giver needs to publically state what is gone AND to whom.
    Last edited by dentron; 02-12-16 at 09:38.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dentron View Post
    I agree. We could:

-1. Have a list of items that are not acceptable.
    Quote Originally Posted by dentron View Post
    I said regardless of value. I agree that the giver needs to publically state what is gone AND to whom.
    This is what I was referring to. I don't think anything should really be unacceptable. Unless it's just total junk and it can be self policed. There doesn't need to be a list.
    Do you even get down innagrass, bro?

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    I think that only comes up when someone is giving multiple items as it can get a little hectic but not that hard to follow. The general protocol as I know it, is: an item would be posted > taker would post "I will take it and I have such and such to PIF" and would then send the giver a PM with their details. Sometimes the giver would come back and say so and so got it but I don't know if that is totally necessary.

I see that there could be a problem with having a black list of items as who is going to enforce it. We have tried to keep the mods out of here for a long time. If long standing member of this thread try to do it, seems it inability turns into the a junior member arguing about "what the OP ment" and "there are no rules" and yada yada yada. These then take a grouping of member to clean it up and and explain the way it is, clogging up the thread.

If we give all the power to the giver it seems it may cause issues with someone complaining that the giver didn't like my PIF and won't send me the item.

Do we start calling people out? And if so will that turn into pissing matches that then bring in the mods?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The crappy trades are a definite downside to this thread. The ting that really gets me is "I'll post something up when I get home" with no follow-up. The idea that your claim on a PIF item is on hold until you post up is a good one. I think that's already stated, but should be again.

That being said, I have some LaRue swag (sorry no Dillo Dust) just two stickers and an unopened beverage entry tool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    If its a true pay it forward, we should not care who it goes to, and what they are posting up themselves. After all, it is "GIVING" right?

On the other hand... If the goal were to weed out some folks from the taker pile, make it mandatory that they become a site sponsor to post in here.. 20 bucks for the year.. that would probably eliminate the freebee guys in here..

I still think to post in the EE there should be a contribution to the website for the year.. (how much I don't know) Imagine how good that would be for the M4C site.... just saying..
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    If its a true pay it forward, we should not care who it goes to, and what they are posting up themselves. After all, it is "GIVING" right?

On the other hand... If the goal were to weed out some folks from the taker pile, make it mandatory that they become a site sponsor to post in here.. 20 bucks for the year.. that would probably eliminate the freebee guys in here..

I still think to post in the EE there should be a contribution to the website for the year.. (how much I don't know) Imagine how good that would be for the M4C site.... just saying..
    I could go with this.

It's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The FNG View Post
    I could go with this.

Me too. Ive been meaning to contribute.

Page 122 of 239 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132172222 ... LastLast