Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: sopmod clone block ll part alternatives?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    well i found the rail thanks to a member here. i will post pics when all this is done.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I was going to say Midwest Industries makes a nice fsp carbine quad rail. Just ordered a brand new FDE one for $140 shipped.

Feedback Score
    Block 2 builds are a challenge. Not 100% correct, but somewhat close. I settled on a black FSP and gave up looking for a FDE RIS II. Base gun is a Colt 6920, haven't converted to the 14.5 SOCOM Barrel with pinned muzzle because it would be almost impossible to remove the RIS II (unless a smith removed the pinned muzzle). This thing weighs a ton compared to other builds. It's a good shooter though.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilo 1-1 View Post
    Block 2 builds are a challenge. Not 100% correct, but somewhat close. I settled on a black FSP and gave up looking for a FDE RIS II. Base gun is a Colt 6920, haven't converted to the 14.5 SOCOM Barrel with pinned muzzle because it would be almost impossible to remove the RIS II (unless a smith removed the pinned muzzle). This thing weighs a ton compared to other builds. It's a good shooter though.

Theres nothing wrong with the FSP rail for a block 2 build. And once you paint it who cares if it was black?

That, unlike most "Block 2" builds out there, actually looks like a rifle in use by SOF.

Rick

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilo 1-1 View Post
    Base gun is a Colt 6920, haven't converted to the 14.5 SOCOM Barrel with pinned muzzle because it would be almost impossible to remove the RIS II (unless a smith removed the pinned muzzle).
    Early in BlockII, my gun retained the silly gov profile barrel, so you're not too far off. I'm planning a clone of it and considering getting a 6920 barrel cut to 15" and pinning a KAC QD flashhider on it, so as to get as close as possible without a stamp. (Don't want to have to sell it if I move). Too bad I can't match the SN.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BooneGA View Post
    Theres nothing wrong with the FSP rail for a block 2 build. And once you paint it who cares if it was black?

That, unlike most "Block 2" builds out there, actually looks like a rifle in use by SOF.

Rick
    Fair points, thanks. Favorite gun for making bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Early in BlockII, my gun retained the silly gov profile barrel, so you're not too far off. I'm planning a clone of it and considering getting a 6920 barrel cut to 15" and pinning a KAC QD flashhider on it, so as to get as close as possible without a stamp. (Don't want to have to sell it if I move). Too bad I can't match the SN.
    Makes sense, I think I read somewhere in the past that being the case. As dumb as the gov profile is, I prefer it over the SOCOM profile for this build. That RIS II is a heavy girl and makes the gun front heavy for me.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    In regards to handguards, I know the DD is the only clone correct piece, but I just noticed Centurion had 12" C4 with FSP cutouts on their website this week. With the scarcity of DD handguards on the market, I think one of those would make a good alternative for somebody who doesn't care to be 100% clone correct.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I found a used RIS II on gunbroker a couple of weeks ago for $350 shipped. I placed it on a colt oem 1 and it looks like a nice start to a quasi clone. Long story short, I think some deals can still be found on the dd rails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    just an update, got all the parts for the gun except the colt barrel which is on its way. then its on to optics. any suggestions? i looked at the eotech exps3-0 but with the recall thinking of avoiding the eotech.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by feesix View Post
    just an update, got all the parts for the gun except the colt barrel which is on its way. then its on to optics. any suggestions? i looked at the eotech exps3-0 but with the recall thinking of avoiding the eotech.
    Supposedly L3 fixed the issues with the EOtech series with their latest revisions. The latest models have a different logo engraving on the protective hood indicating these newer models.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast