Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: When did Bushmaster become... Well, Bushmaster?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

When did Bushmaster become... Well, Bushmaster?

I just saw a for sale ad on armslist that got me thinking. The seller claimed that the rifle was made of "quality" parts and was a great gun because it was an older gun.

Of course, Bushmaster isn't well known for making quality. I have heard from people that years and years ago, Bushmaster was the cats meow. I'm sure it's been a number of years, but what is considered the "cut off" from one of the old Bushmasters that was well respected, and the new Bushmasters that are basically crap?
    Gun and Gear Reviews- www.almosttacticalreviews.com

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    BM quality(Or lack thereof) has been pretty consistent. The context is what is important. There was a time when there were only a few manufacturers.

Colt, Bushmaster, Armalite, Oly and Hesse.
    At te time Colt was being difficult towards the civilian market. Hesse has always been a waste of good metal, and of the others BM was probably the best.

So at he time BM was considered good for what was available. We have more options now. Companies that make real quality. And of course Colt is now Civi friendly.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzook View Post
    I just saw a for sale ad on armslist that got me thinking. The seller claimed that the rifle was made of "quality" parts and was a great gun because it was an older gun.

Of course, Bushmaster isn't well known for making quality. I have heard from people that years and years ago, Bushmaster was the cats meow. I'm sure it's been a number of years, but what is considered the "cut off" from one of the old Bushmasters that was well respected, and the new Bushmasters that are basically crap?
    bushmaster used to be considered good because companies like bcm wasn't around to show people what real quality was.

Companies that stepped it up and people got educated is what happened.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Ken Bloxton
    Skill > Gear

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzook View Post
    Bushmaster also once did business as "Quality Parts Corporation". Perhaps this is where the reference to being an older rifle came from?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dewatters View Post
    Bushmaster also once did business as "Quality Parts Corporation". Perhaps this is where the reference to being an older rifle came from?
    The guy also made a pre-Remington reference, so I doubt it was that.

And I hadn't taken into consideration the lack of choices, good looking out there fellas. It's kind of dumb to see companies who used to have decent reputations pumping out crap. Years ago people I know had good experiences with RRA, and DPMS. The carriers are even staked!!!! Now? Bleh.
    Gun and Gear Reviews- www.almosttacticalreviews.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I think in 93-94 was when i got the "Quality parts "catalog and Bushmaster was made from Quality parts Now there is No mention of that part of the company

NRA Member

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I don't know that they were ever all that good (we just didn't know). The consumer is now 10X more educated on what it takes to build a quality gun than what we knew back just 5 years ago.

C4

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    The consumer is now 10X more educated on what it takes to build a quality gun than what we knew back just 5 years ago.
    Some consumers...
    Ken Bloxton
    Skill > Gear

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moltke View Post
    Some consumers...
    You are right. A better way to state it is that the information is more accessible now than it was back then.

C4

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast