Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint vs. other red dot sights

Feedback Score

Aimpoint vs. other red dot sights

Gents

I saw a discussion on another thread ref this topic and wanted to weigh in here - In my opinion the 2 latest Aimpoints are the best they have ever produced and close the book on red dot sights; at this point I see no reason to choose anything over the Comp M4 (and the soon to be M4B) or the Micro

If you want or need a non magnified red dot reflex sight those are the best that has ever been made - frankly it looks like the Micro is going to be the way to go even on a carbine; mounted slighly forward you can still use back up irons in the bottom 1/3rd and have great field of view around the optic

There are others in the industry pushing other brands; some of those individuals are biased as they sell that particular brand and that has to be taken into account

I was an Aimpoint consultant at one time and helped in a small way to push them towards what eventually became the Micro - I am no longer associated with Aimpoint however; those who have been in my class know I recommend Aimpoint whenever asked about this topic

Bottom line look at the M4 and Micro for your needs and there is no need to look farther

Be safe

Larry Vickers

www.vickerstactical.com

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Agree LAV. The M4 and Micro are fantastic optics and really think that the Micro is the way to go on many weapon platforms.

C4

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Larry,

Good gouge, thanks for posting. I have a Micro inbound that I plan on using as a primary optic on one of my work guns. Looking forward to seeing how that set up works for me.

S/F,
    Jeff

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I also have a micro on my short list for at least one gun, and maybe as many as three. It is certainly, technology aside, one of those head-slapping "duh" products that, once in hand, make you wonder "what took so long?"

I would go one further, however, and say that the Micro, M4, and C3 are the only options needed, as the C3 fits a cost niche that is certainly out there. With a Mirco at $585 (and even the non-NV at $525), and the M4 at $700, the $375 C3 is a nice option to have.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Larry,

Appreciate your input here. Just picked up a Micro for myself, now I only need a LaRue riser for it

Giff
    Gifford Holmquist

Owner
    Amendment Arms

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Larry,

May I ask your opinion on the lack of flip up caps for the Micro? Is it really that big of a deal or are the rubber "bikini" covers good to go?

Thanks,

PatD
    Team Virginia Arms member
    USPSA Limited B and Production C shooter, IDPA SSP-SS

formerly known as TacticalShooter

Feedback Score
    Agree, I sold all my Eotechs, and now 6 of my 8 rifles have Aimpoints.(4 M4 ,2 ML3)

Bulldog1967 Guest
    Which Larue riser is everyone using to forward mount their micro in order to cowitness the irons?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1967 View Post
    Which Larue riser is everyone using to forward mount their micro in order to cowitness the irons?
    I am waiting for the ADM offering, myself.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1967 View Post
    Larue Mount

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast