Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Does Sig still have QC problems

Feedback Score

Does Sig still have QC problems

Hi, i've heard that Sig Sauer has had some quality control problems after the guns were made in the US. Has this improved (assuming it was a problem in the first place)? Have any of these issues occured with the P226 Elite series?

Feedback Score
    I can only speak from very limited experience, but when I was in the academy a local university had its campus PD there as well using brand-new issued SIG USA P226s. Two of them broke after only a couple days of shooting. I believe both were spring issues, one of them definitely being a trigger spring that snapped. I cannot for the life of me remember what the other one's specific problem was. Anecdotal at best, but there you have it. I cannot justify spending close to a grand on a pistol when the M&P and Glock exists.
    Last edited by Rydiak; 11-28-12 at 21:30.

Feedback Score
    There is a wealth of information on this forum on the Cohen SIGs. Not like the older ones by a wide margin. I am a sample of one, but my experience with Cohen SIG was not positive. Use the orange search and not the other one.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've been using and working on Sigs since the 1990s. The new guns are still going to be a gamble. Most individual customers will give you favorable reviews. After all, if only 1 in 5 guns has a problem, good internet reviews will abound. Customer service with Sig is generally pretty good though. If you have a problem, they are pretty good about correcting the issue. In 9mm, I still favor the carbon stamped slide guns which were made mostly before 2004.
    Last edited by S. Galbraith; 11-28-12 at 21:46.
    Insert impressive resume here.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rydiak View Post
    I cannot justify spending close to a grand on a pistol when the M&P and Glock exists.
    I feel that even with good QC Sig has priced themselves out of the market for most people. If i had a grand in my pocket to spend on a handgun i highly doubt it would be a Sig, it'd probably be an HK or a couple Glocks or M&P's.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    One more data point: My 9mm P229, manufactured in 2009 (so a slightly different design than the current model) has been flawless under moderate use. I've outgrown DA/SA so no longer carry it very often, but otherwise have no issues with the gun.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I would say yes and its well documented if you do a search on this forum.
    Pat
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    They aren't as good as they once were, but they are clearly coming out of their nearly 5-6yr period of being rather crappy. Some of their most recent offerings (MK25 for example) have shown excellent quality control.
    Their customer service has also been improving, in my last 7-8 interactions, all were perfect experiences.
    Hopefully they'll continue to move forward, if not, it's not like there aren't other excellent options out there...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Until SIG decides to thin their catalog, and shit-can the P250, P290, zombie themed guns, 1911's, most of their rifles, and THIS god awful thing, I will continue to be skeptical of SIG products.
    "Remember, if it doesn't violate the BYU Honor Code, it's not worth doing"
    -Daniel Tosh

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    My recent production P226r from 2010 broke after it's first 40 rounds of 9mm 124gr fmj.

The extractor flew out of gun and retention spring and rod busted making my P226 useless,

Sig customer service told me "you should be happy it happened at the range and not in a life and death situation because now we can fix it"

shame cause i love older sigs but they are not making alot if the parts anymore
    "People talk 45. shoot 9mm and carry 38." Jeff Cooper
    now it would be - "People talk G19, Shoot G34 and Carry G43"

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast