Thread: S&W Shield missing a spring?

Feedback Score

S&W Shield missing a spring?

I purchased a 9mm S&W Shield a few weeks ago, and after a few days, I noticed the lower part of the trigger did not seem to be spring operated.

To have the lower trigger in the “out” position, I have to manually push it forward since there does not appear to be a spring to do it for me, like on my completely standard M&P 45 and other S&W Shields that I’ve seen on youtube.

I put 200 rounds through the 9mm Shield today without a malfunction, but I keep wondering about that trigger. Should I be concerned about concealed carrying the Shield as it is? Send it back to S&W, or would it be fine to use and carry?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Have them replace the trigger. They have great warranty service.

I assume you are saying the lower part of your trigger just sorta flip flops back and forth?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wahoo95 View Post
    Have them replace the trigger. They have great warranty service.

I assume you are saying the lower part of your trigger just sorta flip flops back and forth?
    The lower trigger rests at either the outward or inward position, almost as if there was a weak detent holding it (or is there one?), and so the trigger does not flop/move around, even when forcefully shaking the handgun.

Feedback Score