Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Olympic Arms?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Question Olympic Arms?

Have a 2004 model oly. The p-mags or thermolds will not lock up in the mag well. What are the options here to get his working?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    demigod will be along shortly to help you out.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Promptly dispose of one Olympic Arms lower and start from scratch. My guess is their lower is out of spec and you're not going to have much luck.

Feedback Score

not

Not to be a a$$ but you must not have got your answer on afcom? You will get the truth here and that is what I like about this forum. (no bull).

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    For unknown reasons there were several years where OA failed to bevel the magazine well nearest the trigger guard. This left more material in place to contact the ridge of the body of the Pmag. Sorry for the crappy photo, but it shows what I'm talking about.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Question

This rifle is my brother in laws. So is there a easy way to get this fixed or should he just try and sell it? It's brand new and never fired.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Olympic arms are TRASH, out of spec JUNK. Putting a pmag in one should be against the law.

Don't sell it. Because that would be passing a piece of shit onto a fellow shooter. To me that's a crappy thing to do.

I just shot a class with a guy with a Damned OLY. Another malf fest hunk of crap.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    For unknown reasons there were several years where OA failed to bevel the magazine well nearest the trigger guard.
    I'm not tracking.

There's nothing "unknown" about OLY's disregard for quality or customer service. There's nothing "unknown" about the corners that Oly cuts in its junky weapons.
    There's nothing "unknown" about how OLY will tell you that there's nothing they can do when you go to make a claim on that great lifetime guarantee!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Question

Okay then. So is it worth trying to get fixed and who can do it?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekatar View Post
    demigod will be along shortly to help you out.
    Damn...You weren't kidding were you, ...He's right though

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast